Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BFP whilst taking Norethisterone please help?!?!

hi everyone, im new to this site, my and hubby have been ttc since jan, after coming off the pill my periods were messed up so doc put me on NORETHISTERONE 5mg tablets. before starting to take the tablets my period was 65days late, i did HPT, urine tests and blood test and all came back neg, so i started taking the tablets as instructed then took my last ones last tuesday, i was then supposed to have a withdrawel bleed, so i wait a week and then it dawns on my what if im preg!!!!

so i took 2 ebay cheepies tonight and both very stronge BFP's! me and hubby are suited, but then got to thinking what if the tablets have some effect on my little bean!

does anyone have any experience of taking these and being pregnant? or any advice at all to help me? im guna ring the docs 1st thing moro, but i just know i wont sleep tonight!!!

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE, i have also done a CBD this morning and its come up pregnant 3+ image

[Modified by: doratheexplora on 08 July 2009 08:34:13 ]

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure of any effects but I took this the month before my BFP to stop my period whilst on honeymoon, my doctor made it very clear that if I didn't want to get pregnant I should use protection as Norethisterone isn't a contraceptive.
    I'm sure it will be fine though, I also had a chest infection the month I got my BFP and was on anti-biotics, cough medicine, cold and flu tablets....luckily all seems well with bubs!

Good luck let us know how you get on
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun!
    Welcome to the site and congratulations.
    I was taking norethisterone the month before I got my BFP, I had to use it all the time as my periods were so haywire...

Anyway, back to the question. You should stop taking the tablets and like you said you were going to anyway, contact your GP in the morning.

I'm sure everything will be just fine hun, I know you will be worrying now but the chances are everything will be ok.

Try and get some sleep and let us know how you get on in the morning.

Take care
    Sapphire
    35+1
  • Options
    I found this on the net for you hun,

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100005210.html

It doesn't sound like there are any major complications from taking it then finding out you are pregnant.
    Hope it may put your mind at rest a little bit overnight.
    xxxx
    35+1
  • Options
    thank you both for your replies, i am waiting till 9 to phone the doctors. thanks for the link sapphire, i suppose theres a small chance of risks no matter what medication your taking, i cant wait to see doctor tho and make sure everything is okay, *fingers crossed* xxx
  • Options

I take norethisterone regular as don't have a period every month,skip maybe two or three month,then when do come on its can last for weeks and is fairly heavy.my periods have been messed up for as long as can remember.I would really like another aby with my husband,I've currently been taking norethisterone (utlovan) this time for two weeks next wednesday.I have a 17 and 7 year old,had no problems gtting pregnant wth my oldest but it took me at least 5 year to get pregnant with my 7year old,I thought my implantation bleed was the start of my period,I also miscarried a month before my youngests 1st birthday.I've lost 3stone since april.any advice please.tia rachel. rachelparker80@hotmail.co.uk

• Options
    I am On norethisterone and my periods are messed up I have all The pregnancy symptoms took two test came up negative been like this for days nearly a week I have been sick twice this morning and woke up with cramping in my belly couldn't sleep on my belly it hurt and when I would lie on my side and go onto my back it would hurt my back and my side would hurt didn't sleep very well because of it could I be pregnant??? Me and my partner has been trying for a year and I'm nearly 18
  • Options

Hi ladies, 

i am

havign a similar issue and maybe some of you lovely ladies could also Shead some light? 

I got married on the 25th September This year, I took norithisterone for 5 days whilst in my honeymoon, after this I had a 1 day heavy bleed and that was it, I was pretty poor tbh with taking them on time. 

We we have been trying since then and over the last few days I have a soar and  cramping tummy, I'm so hormonal and have been sick 3 days in a rOw. My breaks are also very very tender. 

Are re these symptoms from taking this medication over 4 weeks ago now or could I be in the early stages of pregnancy. I did a test today and it came back negative. :( 

am am I just wishful thinking? 

Thanks in advance x x 

• Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new in this group. My Dr gave me N as well for 20 days per month for 2 months. I just finished all 10 days ago, I got a light period after it but the following week, I had a very heavy headache and vomiting also sleepy anytime. My hubby ask me to do the Pregnancy test and it come out negative, 
    My Dr didn't explain anything about N but when I come back to him after my last pill, he ask me to take a folic acid as I am planning to be. 
    can anyone advise me how long will take to get pregnant after that Norethisterone? 
    I'm so anxious as I still have the symptom until now but not heavy like last week
    your help will be very helpfull
    Thanks xxxxx