Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We've lost our baby.

I haven't been on here for a while, and I probably will take some more time away.

We went for our 12 week scan yeaterday, and it was bad news. The baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks, and there was no heartbeat.

We went to the EPU, and they explained about the hormones or ERPC, and could probabaly put me onto Tuesday's list if we opted for ERPC. Then she came back and said, it could actually be done yesterday afternoon. I couldn't even get the words out to say there was no way I could face losing my baby naturally with the hormones.

So I came home got a couple of things, then was admitted to that gynae ward. The waiting around is agony. My OH went to work to tell them what was happening. I had rung my boss from EPU, as I was supposed to go to work after the scan.

So that's it, I came home yesterday evening. There's a bit of cramping and some light bleeding, but nothing major. I have episodes of crying but it's not constant. I have so many thoughts going round in my head all the Why's, What if's, was it something I did/didn't do etc. But we have to accept we'll never know why this baby wasn't destined to be. We'll pick ourselves up, and I do want to try again - now it has really hit my OH he is less keen at the moment.

Sorry this is so long, I hope it makes sense as the tears are obscurring the screen and keyboard. Just thought it might be therapeutic to write it down. xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh mithical I am so so heart broken for you. I know it took you awhile to get your BFP and this is just so cruel.

I hope you are getting lots of support and that when you are ready you come back to us.

Take care of yourself xx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear of your loss hunny. time will heal your pain i promise and you will have your baby in your arms on day. sending you lots of big hugs. xx
  • Options
    Echo everything Goonie said - I know how much your BFP meant to you and I am truly truly gutted for you. Its awful.

I am thinking about you loads.

Much love, Joo xxxxx
  • Options
    Thank you goonie. The frustrating thing was no warning. My morning sickness carried on until 10 weeks. I still had tender boobs, I was getting headaches, and when I hit week 12 I needed the loo every couple of hours. The body can be so cruel. xx
  • Options
    I just don't know what to say except I'm thinking of you.
  • Options
    Oh L, Im so so sorry. I too know how much this meant to you and just don't know what to say.
    Sending you a big hug. You know where I am if you want to rant or cry.
    H.xxxx
  • Options
    I can't begin to imagine how you must feel. I know this was my worst nightmare in the first 12 weeks and I really really do feel for you. I had an awful argument with my husband last night but this has totally put it into perspective for me. You really didn't deserve this and I just hope when your hubby is ready to try again you get a sticky BFP in your very first month xx

ps My mum had a mmc before she had me, she had an ERPC and fell again straight away. Fingers crossed for you too.
  • Options
    Oh no image Oh hun I am so sorry I just don;t know what to say. I am honestly lost for words ;-( Sending you the biggest hug we are all here for you if and when you need us ok.

K xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    so sorry
    you and your husband take care of each other xxxx
  • Options
    Oh sweetheart, I am so utterly, utterly sorry for your loss, I'm heartbroken for you. I am here if you need to talk and am thinking of you and your OH and sending lots of love and hugs to get you through this sad time. xxxxxx
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. The only consolation is that there was obviously a reason for the baby not surviving, but that's probably not much comfort at the moment.

Your husband will come round, just give him some time, I think you both probably need some time. Although the baby was only 9 weeks when it died, it's still a loss and you both need to grieve.

My mum and cousin both suffered from miscarriages but when on to have healthy babies, and a friend of mine lost 2 babies at 6 weeks. My other cousin lost her baby at 38 weeks but still have to 'give birth', she went on to have 2 more kids....so I know you're hurting right now, but it will happen for you i'm sure!

Cas. X
  • Options
    I am so sorry mithical xx
  • Options
    Mithical I am so sorry!! I really dont know what to say, I know there is nothing I can say to take your pain away. But I am always here if you need a shoulder. Take care honey. And I will be thinking of you. x
  • Options
    Hello my name is beckie

I had a miscarrage in 2006
    So i know how you must be feeling
    I was 5 weeks when i lost my baby
    And belive me i was deverstated
    Just remember its not your fault thease things just happen
    But after that 2 months later i found
    Out i was pregnant again and i had
    A great pregnancy and we had a little boy
    And now im due again im being
    Induced next week so it just
    goes to show that you can get over
    This you never totally forget but as
    time goes by you learn to accept it
    take care hope your feeling a better soon
  • Options
    hi mithical, i was so upset when i read your post. i really hope you are ok and I am thinking of you and your hubby xxx mini
  • Options
    i'm so sorry for ur loss. remember were all here if u need a chat or rant or anything.

chaxxxxx
  • Options
    Mithical,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Take care. Sending you big hugs and lots of love.

dg
    xxx
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry you're going through this. We went through something similar in Oct 2006 and it was and is the hardest thing I've had to bring myself back from. But you do. You won't want to know it now but you will do.
    I think it was a really good idea to write it all down, wish I had done. We found councelling really helpful but not for months and months. Make sure you rest up and if you ever want to talk drop me a post xxxx
  • Options
    mithical - im so sorry to read ur post and see what you are going through. i honestly dont know how you must be feeling right now but you are in my thoughts and prayers hun. Just remember that things happen for a reason and we dont always know why. I really you and hubby take some time to talk things through and when you do decide to try again I hope everything works out for you! lots of love, MA x x x
  • Options
    Mithical - i am so so sorry to hear that - i know nothing i say will help you right now, but im thinking of you hunny, k xxxxx