Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else overdue....?

Im 40+4 today and getting a bit impatient, I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, its hard to plan things and I spend most of the days staying close to my house just in case!

Had a sweep yesterday and my cervix is slightly open but still long so dont think the baby will be arriving anytime soon, Have an induction booked for next Weds, I really dont want to make that appointment!!!

xx

Replies

• Options
    I know how u feel hon. I have apt today at 40+7 and pressume they will do a sweep (which I really didnt want but am desperate now) and will book me in. I second ur timb bomb feeling it just makes u feel so uneasy doesnt it, and its a shame as I was sooooooooooooooooo exited and that has kinda of evened out now to 50% exited 50% terrified. I think I went past my 'I can do this easy' phase last week and now I am a big wimp. Hope u dont get to make that apt hon but if u do at least u know the end is nigh. Good Luck xx
  • Options
    Hi, im 40+5 and fed up too!! I had a sweep on Monday and have had two sessions of reflexology and neither have worked! Im hoping he comes before next Friday so I dont have to be induced!! Good luck you two! xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies, just feeling sorry for you. Its a horrible time, and i always think people make it worse with the, are you still here, comments.

I went into labour the day after my due date with my first after a long, long walk. I doubled up my raspberry leaf tea capsules and ate 2 pinapples.

Not sure if any of these make any difference but its worth a try. My sister did star jumps!!!

Gemm x
    13+5
  • Options
    Glad Im not the only one! I too am getting more apprehensive than excited now but I think thats because I have too much time to think about it!!

gemm - I tried a walk last night but no joy, might give the star jumps a go if Im feeling energetic! xxx
  • Options
    Worth a go. Hope you go soon, you dont want to be induced if you can help it!!

Good luck

Gemm x
    13+5
  • Options
    I was due on July 21st so now just over a week overdue. I'm booked in for a homebirth so midwives only on call until Tuesday. Got a hospital apt this afternoon where I think I will be given another sweep so hoping for some good news. Sadly my Mum goes on holiday on Saturday so at this rate it looks like she's going to miss the birth image
    I get pains that dont last which I get all excited at thinking this could be it, then it's not. I'm so uncomfortable I just cant wait any longer. Plus I'm so excited about meeting this wee baby!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I hope it happens for all you overdue ladies very very soon!!
    Naughty babies keeping their Mummies waiting!!

Lisa
    36+6