Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So much moving

Hi Ya,

I was just wondering whether anyone else's bump moves all the time, i'm going to be 27 weeks Thursday and i'm finding that Maddison is on the move all the time - Day and Night.

I went to bed last night at half past 10 and she was moving and kicking, i woke up for a wee at 2am she was still moving and kicking, i was then woken up every hour until i got up at 6:00 this morning and she was still going. It just seems like it dont matter what time of day / night it is she's moving and kicking.

Dont get me wrong i love feeling her move and i'd rather her be active than not as at least i know she's ok in there but i'm not sleeping at all and i'm so tired every day it's making me so grumpy.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jadie, i am so glad ive found someone like me!! My baby kicks all through the day and even more at night, i had one hours sleep last night and its making me irritable and im getting behind at uni & at work. My baby does not stop kicking and moving, but all the time. He must never sleep in there! But neither do i. . Sophia x
  • Options
    Hi all, im 32wks and my baby is allways moving about when i am but when i go to bed the baby settles too. When i get up to go to the toilet this disturbs the baby but he settles back down when i do. I hope this is a sign of things to come! x
  • Options
    It's so annoying aint it, it's nice feeling them kick and move but and you feel guilty for being annoyed with them.

Mine kicks when i'm in the bath, when i lay on my back, when there is a loud noise i.e. Cinema, when i cry, when i'm angry, when i'm sleeping she just don't stop!

You can tell what kind of baby she's going to be when she comes out, demanding!! image
  • Options
    my baby is exavtly the same, he does not stop kicking and moving around!! Not even for half hour in the day he never stops! i read on here that its normal for babies to kick or move on average 10times a day, as if! My baby is non stop.
  • Options
    Hiya, Ellie Bump is exactly the same!! I thought it was really odd as my daughter Ashlea hardly moved at all and i was always making trips to the hosital to be monitored!! I'm hoping it's because Ellie Bump is a bit smaller....Ashlea was always being monitored as she was so big and was 8lb 15oz when she was born....so fingers crossed for a slightly smaller bub!
  • Options
    hi claire & baby ellie. I really hope my bump gets bigger, does big bump mean big baby? 8lb 15oz is a nice size baby, i hope theo is not too small. I wont know how to handle him, he might be small but he is very active x
  • Options
    Hi Sophia & baby Theo, Not sure if big bump means a big baby but am hoping Ellie is smaller as 8lb 15oz is no way a nice size baby!!! It's hugeeee!! I thought my bump was quite big but met a lady in the doc's last week who is due a week before me and she is massive compared to me!!! I've put 10lbs on already but i think thats a normal amount??? I dont know, what do u think??
  • Options
    I have put on 15lbs im 31wks, my sister put on 3 stone altogether in her pregnancy, but she went back to her tiny minute size 6 after ( she looked better with the weight)!! I know loads of people who have gained different amounts. So i suppose everyone and every pregnancy is different. 8lbs 15 must be massive to get out!! x
  • Options
    She was! I couldn't do it myself I needed an episiotomy and ventouse. There's no wayy i'm doig that again...If Ellie is that big she can stay in there!! Or I want a c-section, like we were chatting about the other day!
  • Options
    I dont know what to do about birth yet, i will prob just go for an epidural cause im such a wimp i cant have just gas & air i cant take any pain whatsoever. Whats an episiotomy, is that where they make a cut? VENTHOUSE???? Whats that?!? x
  • Options
    episiotomy is where they cut you and a ventouse is a suction cup which they put on the baby's head to pull it out. kind of like forceps (and theres no way im having those either!!!)
  • Options
    oh my god. . is that ok for the baby to be pulled out with one of those, doesn't it hurt their head. Im getting so impatient now i want him out!!! x
  • Options
    I strongly urge you to go and buy a pregnancy and birth book before you go into labour as there is so much you should know! Can I recommend Miriam Stoppard's book on pregnancy and birth. It's in Waterstones and Borders. If you don't know of all the options of birth then it could come as a great shock when you're actually going through it. Ventouse are perfectly safe otherwise the gyne wouldn't use them. although baby does have a cone-head for a few hours afterwards lol!!
  • Options
    Like in the coneheads programme?!? I really need to know more things don't i? Ill have a look in waterstones tomoro on my break. I have my mw appt tomoro am nervous cause she might send me for a growth scan x
  • Options
    LOL exactly like in the coneheads programme!! Don't worry too much about having another scan, If she's worried about anything then they will do everything they can to put it right wont they? You'll be in the right place for it! I was sent for umpteen scans with Ashlea cos she was so big - turns out she's not that big when you think that i am 5'10" and her father was 6'4"!!! They are just being cautious so try not to panic. xxx
  • Options
    I'm 5'9 owain is 6ft. I wish i was taller than i would be a catwalk model, minimum is 5'8" but they like models to be 5'11" min usually so im stuck doing crappy work for topshop where you can be 4ft!!! (exaggerating) I loved the coneheads, i hope in a way i do get a scan as i can see theo again x x i like both your daughters names.
  • Options
    Being tall is a plus as we have wider pelvis's...apparently! What kind of modelling have you done? would i have seen you anywhere?? It's nice to see your scan later in pregnancy cos baby is so much bigger and fully formed, it can be quite amusing!
  • Options
    Ah how cute i want to see theo again, cant wait 9 weeks!! Yeah i worked for topshop i did their ranges last year, main one was spring summer 06. I never have appeared in a catlogue!!!! Ha id hate that, its very demanding and i only did it for free clothes and cause i got to be in clothes show 05 & 06. I didnt know taller people had wider pelvis' that must make it easier for baby to get out!!!
  • Options
    It's really to do with the size of your feet too the bigger the feet, the wider the pelvis. And as taller people have bigger feet they have wider pelvis' thus making birth easier.....saying that i have size 7 feet and birth was very difficult for me last time.....?!?!
  • Options
    I only have size 5 feet!!!! x