Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive Superdrug tests??

2»

Replies

• Options
    Could you go out and get a clear blue digital test? It will tell you in words one way or the other, so you don't have to worry about interpreting the lines. The Super Drug test looks v promising though!

Good luck! x

If you have tested really early, i would wait until AF is actually due before using the digital bad boy. They are not as sensitive as FR or the superdrug ones so i would wait until then or until you get a stronger line on a FR. :\)

Good luck! xxx
  • Options
    I didn't realise CDB weren't as sensitive. I got my BFP on CBD quite a few days before my period was due!

I have no idea about relative sensitivities though as I never used Super Drug or First Response (although my hubbie did make me move onto Sainbury's cheapies when I was still testing in week 10 :lol: - I just loved seeing the positive line!)

xx
  • Options
    I know Cath you wouldnt really think about the sensitivities - i didnt til i joined this site :lol:

I got pg 1-2 around 13 dpo i think. Tbh it all depends on your own hormone levels, some people get their bfp at 8/9 dpo others wont get a positive until 16/18 dpo. If only we all just had a wee light that would light up as soon as we were pg! image

Lx
  • Options
    Any news from lilylilac? xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies :\)

Thank you all again for your replies & pics!!

I finally bit the bullet and told hubby last night - I was intending to wait until I had something a little more definate, like a CBD :lol:

But he figured out something was up so I showed him the tests. He can see the lines on the superdrug tests very clearly, he also thinks he can see a line on the FR - though he has *seen* lines on FR's before and there's been naff all there :roll:

He's asked me not to test again this week as he thinks it's stressing me out more than it's actually helping me. I have agreed to respect his wishes and will be testing at some point next week.

The CBD will definately not be in the equation until AF date has been and gone, lines or lack thereof I can just about cope with...but if a CBD were to scream NOT PREGNANT at me I think that might just tip me over!!

So, thank you all for your eyes and advice....I'll update you all again next week :\)
  • Options

Hii did a tesco test and that came out realy faint and i did a perfectly clear digital test and that came back positive and said i was 3 to 6 weeks pregnant!! and now in 32 weeks gone so trust your own body and book in  to ur doctors to get a test done cause u proberbly are with a lil bean!!

• Options

Hello I know it mite seem wired but a male on this chat room but I need help,

i got my partner surperdrug twin pack tests today the frist one she done was a positive so with that said we where very happy so she went a done another one (5mintues) after and it came up as negative dose anyone know if that is normal to happen as my partner is worried it was a fake positive

any information would be very helpful 

many thanks 

• Options

Hi cooldaddy, Ok, in early days of pregnancy you start to produce a hormone call HCG - this is basically pregnancy hormone that shows up in urine.

This is why if your girlfriend tests her first pee of the day, this will have the most HCG in it, which is why you can get the strongest test result first thing in the morning. If she has a quick cuppa after that and then pees straight away, the pee hasn't had a lot of time to collect the HCG, so this is likely why she got a negative result.

Anyhow my best advice would be, test first thing in the morning - first pee of the day - or get a First Response Test which will tell you how far along she is. Good luck!

• Options

Hello thank you for your reply

everything is fine she did a test first thing this morning and it was a clear blue positive image really happy 

• Options

Aw, congratulations Cooldaddy - and Cooldaddy's other half! That's lovely news!

Do please point your partner in the direction of our Due in November Birth Club. There are lots of others over there who've all just had a positive too!

• Options

My first few tests were really faint but two days later I did a cbd and it came back pregnant 1-2 weeks

Can always rely on clear blue image

Good luck lily x