Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

:( so scared!

I am 13weeks tomorrow and just went to the toilet and found quite a lot of brown discharge (srry tmi). I know brown means old blood but surely i shouldnt be getting that by now?!

What do you think?!?

Im gutted coz was still on a high from seeing our little bub on tuesday image

xx

Replies

• Options
    Try not to worry too much (easier said than done).

Bleeds happen at all different stages of pregnancy and most are unexplainable.

Ring your midwife and ask for their advice.

Good luck hon...x
  • Options
    hi ya im a newbie lol. but im on my 5th pregnancy and have had a bleed at different times in 3 of my pregnancies,try not to worry and seek medical advice hun. its normaly something harmless and unexplainable. take care x
  • Options
    (((((Hug)))))

• Options
    image thanks for ur replies (and hug!) i am going to see if i get any more and ring midwife. Dont think i can ring now coz im trying so hard not to cry at work!! Deep breaths!! Thanks again xx
  • Options
    Try not to worrry sweetie, its not good for little one, Might be TMI but I get this after sex, the doctor said its nothing to worry about, and you only really need to worry if the blood is new and red. Phone the mjidwife though just to put your mind at ease, after a bleed at the beginning I know how scary it is.

xxxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/SA81.png

• Options
    Aw hun ((((hugs)))) - perhaps its to do with the scan, pressing down on ur stomach dislodged some old blood? Like the others have siad, brown discharge shouldnt be anything to worry about but give your midwife a call to give urself some peace of mind xx
  • Options
    Did you do the deed 24/48hours before? This can be the cause of a lot of brown bleeds, big hugs, i'm sure all is ok x
  • Options
    No I have had rudies or anything like that for about 6 days.

It is still happening, but don't really know what to say if I ring up! Sound so stupid. xx
  • Options
    hi hun give ur midwife a ring an just tell them wots happening, it dosent matter how u say it ect hunni they hear alsorts of things everyday. give them a ring hun ((((hugs)))) xx
  • Options
    Is it around the time your period should have been? I had this at 9 weeks and 13 weeks when my period should have been. Was scanned each time and everything was fine, but was told i was right to go in and have it checked - the 13 week one, we went into a+e at 11pm!!

Better safe than sorry,

Em x
    36+5
  • Options
    Hiya Squiggle ... I bleed at 13 weeks too !! i was spotting when i had my 12 weeks scan. do u know wot blood type u r ? as i was rhesus negative and had to have an injection i did bleed for 2 weeks and went to a + e ..... its always best to speak to ur midwife its really common though!
    also on my 20 weeks scan my placenta was low (so could of been why i bleed) ull be fine !!
    my lo is 5 months now !! all that worry u forget about xxx
  • Options
    I am rhesus neg aswell. I got a letter today saying i have to have an injection at 28weeks for it. Nothing is ever straight forward for us!!
    Think i am goin to see if it happens any more today and if so ill ring the midwife. Xx
  • Options
    Hi squiggle !!!
    how r u feeling this today ? have u had any more spotting? hope ur ok xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jojo. Yea i have had some more today but i think slightly less then yesterday. I tried to speak to a midwife but no one would help me and kept giving me other numbers to ring. In the end i settled with a good cry and telling my mum!! I am going to just take it easy coz if its a sign of something bad theres nothing anyone can do anyway, and i will hopefully see my doc on monday. Fingers crossed it will go away and just be one of them things!
    Thanks for caring image

xxx
  • Options
    Thats rubbish they didnt answer !!
    I bleed at 13 weeks aswell u do panic dont u cause its not what u expect to see. mine got worse though and i went to hospital as soon as i said i was rhesus negative they gave me that anti d injection ... i think i had 3 in total of my pregnancy lol ! its makes u feel yucky ! ull hear the babys heart beat on ur 16 week check !
    its really really common though. Whens ur little squiggle due? hope ur feeling ok ! x
  • Options
    Hey hun, you really need to persevere and try and get someone to see you. Im sure its nothing to worry about but can be a sign of a mmc. Ive had bleeds and everything has been fine but ive also had spotting and everything is not fine.

Its not going to help if you have to sit and worry until Monday, is there a local EPU you can go to or the local hosp?? I would def try and get someone to see you today to put your mind at rest

Good luck, thinking about you

Gemm x
    27 wks