Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

chlamydia & infertility - urgent advice- sick with worry

2»

Replies

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.

• Options

When I was 21 I fell pregnant with my soul mates baby but doctor phoned me to say I had clymidia i was devastated and felt descusting, but was in a new relationship. So left the past go took the medication that was safe for me and baby and carried on with my relationship,the hospital did tell me that if I still had it it would pass to my baby while giving birth I was traumatised. But as my pregnancy come to a end my baby was not engaging head down but was feet first lucky I say.after my baby was born healthy and beiutfull, we carried on like a family he made me get a implant, after three years I had it out.been trying for a baby ever since with no luck been for scans all fine.I just say iv got a perfect gift an count my blessings,even though I cry when people say why don't you have another baby and I cry every time I have my period. There is some people who can't have children. If its ment to be it will be.but saying that some people don't deserve children Xx

• Options

• Options

I got raped at 18 I'm only 19 but turn 20 in October I must of contracted it then I didn't have pain during sex  or anything but 

• Options

Ok I messed up I'm 19 turn 20 in October had chlamydia since I was 18 I was raped but I was drugged didn't know until later but I tried conceiving but don't judge cause he was abusive he can live with it but I was taken advantage of again this guy can live with it but I thought I was pregnant but found out I was not me and the bf had unprotected sex didn't pull out cause we thought I was already pregnant and I was at the fertile days of ovulation I got treated yesterday didn't find out til after I could of been pregnant is there a chance I still can conceive

• Options

Im scared I have chlamydia because of my last partner he was cheating and im going to get checked out but if I do have im terrified of how im going to let my new partner know I don't want him thinking different things... Also if I do im scared that I wouldn't be able to have children as me and my new partner have been trying but no luck but im worried I won't be able to provide a family for us I cant sleep because its on my mind constantly im just scared to tell him if I do I dont know how he would react please give me some advice I don't know what to think :( xx

• Options

• Options

Hello I know this has nothing to do with me, but this has helped me so much too. I have recently been contacted by my doctor saying blah blah blah then 'your test has came back positive for chlamydia' ive been worrying since the first time of ever having sex about being infertile. And hopefully im able to concive after popping to doctors tomorrow for Medicationsimage x

• Options

I have been trying for a baby for a good year now after being together 6 years with who I thought was my soulmate, but nothing, about 2 months ago I found out my boyfriend had been sleeping with someone else (I don't know how long its been going on), i had a lot of discomfort down below so I got myself tested and found out earlier today that I have chlamydia, I don't know how long ive had it but im just worried that if ive had it over a year will this effect my chances of getting pregnant in the future? could really use some help please

• Options

Hello hun, I had PID. But had it unknown for 6 yrs also caused by my ex passing on STI.

I am infertile. Proven by operation

The fact of the matter is, if caught early enough you can be treated and get on with life as normal.

However if you have been permanently damaged, there is help of IVF and you can also get this free funded by the government after they've evaluated it. Usually to get it free you need to be young and have no other children.

Hope this helps. Also to let you know, do not let doctors fob you off, have yourself checked thoroughly and bare in mind ultrasound scans cannot detect PID. You need laparoscopy and dye test.

• Options

Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Options

Hi I was reading what y'all were saying bout this Chlamidia and i had it and I took antibiotic for it but found out about it about 4  or 5 years ago when I had it my doctors gave me medicine for it i kept goin back to doctor kept checking to see if I had still one day I got a call from my doctor saying I don't have it any more now do I have PID after having it but I never had any pain having sex or any thing have been married for almost 2 years but just reading what y'all ladies r saying about chlamidia makes me wonder if I have PID

• Options

A couple weeks ago I realized I was 11 days late on my period so obviously I got a test. I took one at my school and they also offer std testing. It came back positive for chlamydia. I knew it was an std but wasn't aware of what it could cause and all so I read more about it. Going into child care as my profession, I want nothing more to have a child of my own. The bad thing is I think I got it from a guy last year when I had a few too many drinks... Realizing  could of had this a while ago and hearing about how it could cause infeterility, scares me more than anything. I'm 17 and having a child of my own is the only thing I've ever wanted so much in life... 

• Options

9 years ago when I was 20 I contracted Chlamydia. I believe I had it for 8 months before it was tested for and treated. I had nasty UTI symptoms but nothing worse than that. I'm not sure if it developed into PID (Dr never even mentioned the possibility, I found out about it on my own recently. Scarily, the symptoms I did have are linked to it becoming PID.

Now with new partner and starting our journey of TTC, but I'm understandably worried about the possibility of damage, and seriously fearing infertility. I have been forum stalking for happy endings, crying and begging the stars for reassurance. I know there are tests, and we can go down the IVF route- that's if my partner doesn't end up hating me for ruining his chances. He says he won't, that we would just try alternative things out. But being forgiving with a hypothetical situation is much easier.

The statistics are ok; about 85% of women who have had one instance of PID go on to have healthy pregnancies. 

Fantastic to hear many women able to have children. I hope I can join your ranks soon.

Would still love to hear more happy stories as they are really helpful when I'm feeling scared and down. 

• Options

Hey guys. So about a year ago I found out that i had Chlamydia. I had it first about 2 months before I got treated. I dont have any kids, but I am getting to the age where i want start a family soon. I'm so scared that I will not be able to have any. Reading yalls replys have made me feel better about it, but I'm still nervous. Do yall think I had it too long to become infertile?

• Options

Hi girls!

It was so long ago! Chlamydia came to my life with help of my ex-partner. It was a really interesting situation. I noticed that it’s a frequent story happening to girls. He also cheated on me. Just imagine my good friend called me to say she was so sorry. And I had to take tests because she recently found chlamydia. Why did I have to do it? I asked. She said because my ex carried that and shared with both of us. That bitch slept with my ex and felt very pity about it. I wasn’t angry! I was literally mad.

Our relationship was over once I found out they had an affair. The problem came after. I couldn’t solve my issue with it as soon as I wanted. When I met my husband we couldn’t conceive for 2 years and it was like a curse of my past.

He knew what the problem I faced years ago. Then our second IVF treatment helped me to get pregnant with my wonderful daughter. Now she is 6 and she is gorgeous. We’re trying to have a second baby for last three years. Nothing still works out.

My congrats if you gave birth to a healthy baby after this disease. If it was detected recently, rush to the doctor. It has its complications. Only good wishes and vibes!

• Options

I had it too for nearly a year i think i went for a randon std test and it came up for a long time i didnt know if id be able to have kids and now im 9 weeks pregnant with my first :)