Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OMG...This time NEXT WEEK!...

ill be on the way to the hospital to have my boys! Its hit me a little like a freight train today!

Im suddenly scared about everything...

...I havent spent a night away from hubby apart from the night before the wedding for years
...Im having some serious major operation
...I wont be pregnant anymore, and will have to relinquish a little control to total strangers (in the form of drs, midwives, paediatritions (sp) and consultants) instead of knowing im caring for these boys myself
...I wont be able to sleep in my own bed for a while!

...IM GOING TO BE A MUMMY TO TWO BABY BOYS!

I have 1 week of freedom left!

I really thought I was ready...now im not so sure!

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 35 + 3 (1 week to go...yes, seriously, 7 days!)

Replies

• Options
    You are ready hun, its just nerves and its completely normal to feel this way! I know you will be a fab Mummy!! I know it's hard being away from OH but I am sure the time will fly by, you will be home before you know it with your lovely little family wondering where the time went!!
    We are sending you all the love and hugs in the world and I will be thinking about you all day next Monday!! Can't wait to hear the news!!
  • Options
    Nerves are normal, I know I'm feeling quite nervous/anxious about this next stage!

You will be a wonderful mummy, try not to concentrate to hard on the time away from OH. There will be so much going on when your boys arrive. And you will all soon be back home as one happy family.

• Options
    hey hun'
    Youll be fine honestly and will soon be holding your precious little boys.
    Good luck

maria xx
  • Options
    I can't believe how quick it has come around for you!.

The worries are just normal nerves. It will all be fine, and you'll feel fab once the boys are here.

Best wishes & enjoy your final week the best you can, maybe a meal out with OH would be lovely.
  • Options
    Hi Gemmie,

Im due on 5th ( but reallu dont think i will be on time ) If it helps i am having some of the same nervous feelings as your self although i think once i know i am in labour they will magnify. For you you have a definate date so there must be a huge build up, plus its twinnys!

Try and enjoy your last week of freedom and do something special this coming weekend with you OH if your up to it. Make sure you get plenty of rest . Busy times ahead!!!
    39w xx
  • Options
    Aww hun bless you, you're gonna be great! Ah im exited for you lol
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanx ladies. I love this site for all the support it has and im sure will continue to give me.

Im frightened yes, but almost in a good way. It scares me that im going to have to look after these 2 little humans. However, it will be nice to hand over some of the worry to hubby!

The section thing scares me, but no more than a natural birth, not really. I know this is the best thing for my boys as a natural birth could be dangerous for us and them and I just keep telling myself that.

Still just seems like a bump though! I know that sounds silly but I cant seem to link bump to babies! lol! Im sure it will hit home soon enough!

Mummymog - How is your little girl doing hun? Doesnt seem like long ago we were talking scans!
  • Options
    Okay, now i am cheering for you hun: go Gemmi, go Gemmi Goooooooo :lol:

Good luck hun, i cant wait to see the pics. I havent been through it, but as a doc i attended c-sections and you will be amazed how quick they are. One ofmy friends had a natural birth with a second degree tear and her sister had a c-section she told me it took them both the same time to recover. I still believe it was the best decision to go for a c-section for ur babies sake.

As for the babies, someone once told me that you are never ready, but once you hold the babies, some prehistoric mummy instinct kicks in and you will be amazed how good you can be :\)

Good luck hun
    Love
    Renee
    28+3
  • Options
    RENEE!! How are you!?

I cant believe you are nearly 30 weeks!

How have you been feeling? Has the sickness eased off? Doesnt seem that long ago that we were cheering eachothers BFP's!

Hope your ok xxx
  • Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Oh wow how exciting... I wish I could have twins! I love them, have nannied them and so badly want my own!
  • Options
    Oh I cant believe how quickly this has come around for you hun!!! I am so excited I cant wait to see pics of the boys and how cute are they going to be!!!!!

39+2
  • Options
    Good luck for next week! Bet your are nervous but how exciting!!!!!!
    Looking forward to hearing your news xx
  • Options
    Oh ye Gemmi, i cant believe how fast time runs. :\) The sickness is sooooooooooooooooo much better, thank God, and i eat everything except sea food which is still nauseating to me :lol:

I have sciatica but it is manageable, i wasnt around because we were moving to Frankfurt, and it was hell. But now i can finally start shopping for my baby :lol:

Good luck hun and keep us updated

Love
    Renee
  • Options
    Thats lovely to hear hun, and im glad the pg is going well.

I have had very very mild sciatica, and even that hurt, so I cant imagine what it would be like full blown. I think I also have the start of SPD but its come on so late that im not too worried.

Hope the move wasnt too stressful. It really is lovely to hear from you.

Will keep you updated!

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 35 + 5 (5 days left!)