Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How soon did you feel your babys first movements?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Well I'm 20 weeks and haven't felt the baby move at all... no flutterings nothing. I must admit I was dreading today's scan in case something was wrong... and there was baby waving away!! Apparently I have an anterior placenta so that can dull the sensation of your baby moving so just to reassure you that just because you're 16 weeks and haven't felt anything doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem. Some of the pregnancy books say it could be as late as 24 weeks before you feel your baby move! HTH

thanks for that image

http://women.evenhealth.com/image/c/bg900239.jpg

• Options
    I have only just started to feel things and im 20+5 today, so dont worry those of you who have not felt anything yet! x
  • Options
    i remember when i was 15 weeks and i posted somethingsimilar on hereasking other mummytobe's when they first felt a kick, because i could feel something but wasnt sure if it was bubba as most books id read said about 18weeks ! so those first flutters when i was 15 weeks made my day ! xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev328pss__.png

• Options
    i remember when i was 15 weeks and i posted somethingsimilar on hereasking other mummytobe's when they first felt a kick, because i could feel something but wasnt sure if it was bubba as most books id read said about 18weeks ! so those first flutters when i was 15 weeks made my day ! xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev328pss__.png

• Options
    i feel almost stupid putting this but i felt it move at my 12 week scan a couple of times as she was pressing so hard with the scanner. I then felt it move later that night when i curled into a ball. The baby must be very close to edge of sac or not much fluid at that point??/ I definately felt it as have felt it move as have felt the same feeling every few days (particularly at night), i am now 17 weeks and feel it every other day or so! I felt my first lo at 15 weeks! xxx
  • Options
    I first felt flutters from around 15/16wk and the first kicks from 17wks xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IvyMp1/.png

• Options
    I started feeling tapping sensation around 15th week and now i m in 17th and still movements are very light and only be felt when i am on rest whereas with my 1st p image regnancy i felt it in 16th week and it was very strong like pop corn popping inside my belly.
  • Options

I first felt the fluttering at 14 weeks which was way early but now i am getting proper hard kicks and my belly moves all the time!

• Options

i didn't feel anything till about 21 weeks! and then nothing definate and regular till about 23 weeks. i had a placenta at the front apparently

now he/she wriggles and kicks and turns and you can see my belly doing some very odd shapes!

xxxxxxxxxxx

• Options

I think I was feeling rumbly-tummy type things for a few weeks from about 18 weeks, but I wasn't sure if it was movement, or just indigestion!  Then I had a rumbly tummy and realised the difference, so must have been baby!  The feelings got stronger and more frequent, so confirmed to me that its definitely baby!.  Then at around 21 weeks I felt stronger kicks and now (almost 24 weeks) it feels just like a small baby is kicking me from the inside- strangely enough!!

• Options

Hello, I'm just a little worried and could do with some reassurance. I am 13 weeks 3 days pregnant with my first child. I am just under 5ft and really small build, my boyfriend keeps saying I should be feeling butterflies feeling by now but I don't feel anything, is this normal? He already has 2 children in a previous relationship and said his ex had butterflies really early in both pregnancies. I'm just a little worried that something may be wrong ????

• Options

Hi darciouise, I wouldn't worry everyone is different. Some don't feel anything until after 20 weeks sometimes later depending on where placenta is. Also if it's your first they sometimes say it's later. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and have just started feeling little.fluttering only occasionally. It will happen  don't worry x