Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

For those that got stretchmarks....

What week did you get them in?

I am 18+5 and have a little bump but I had my appendix out and a laposcomy last august and have a feelings my scars will get stretch marks from them. also not sure when to take belly button out to avoid SM's

Thanks

18+5

Replies

• Options
    With my 1st i didnt get any untill after she was born but it was only a few and with my second i got them from 34/35ish weeks on the bottom of my belly. xxx
  • Options
    I think if your pron to them you'll get them and if your not you wont! I got them with my first and I used bio oil all the time! as far as belly button I took mine out years before I got pregnant I think having a streached belly just makes the scar streach anyways hun! On the up side i've also had a lappy and the streach took the lumpy feel out of those much nicer to touch now than before I was pregnant! x
  • Options
    I got mine week 39 - nothing at all until that point.... gutted!!

Mel 41 weeks today
  • Options
    Nothing for me yet but I took my belly bar out 6 years ago! The inside scar is now on my tummy though where my belly button has stretched out, not so pretty!

Bec 37+6 x
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I read somewhere that about 50% of women get them, so I'm thinking if I'm going to get them there isn't much I can do about it!! Fingers crossed though!
    Chiara 23 + 4
  • Options
    i got them when i was pregnant with my oldest,they didnt come till i was 29 weeks and then i got loads! luckily i didnt get any new ones with dd2 and they have now faded loads so am praying i dnt get any new ones this time round! xx
  • Options
    hi chick i will never forget when i found my 1st stretchmark wiv ds number 1. i woz around 36 week and looking at my bump in the mirror(as u do!!) and as i turned away i caught sight of 3 marks at the bottom of my bump!! i woz so gutted!! now im on bubs number 5 u can imagine the state of my stomach now!!lol
    luv clare

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev185pb___.png

• Options
    I started getting them around week 25. First they started on my bum, then my thighs, then my boobs (even though my boobs grew in the first 12 weeks and didn't grow again since!!), then finally on my tummy around week 30. I have been using Mamma Mio Tummy Rub and Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretchmark Cream since day 1; as it_must_be_love says, I think if you're going to get them there's not much you can do about it unfortunately.

I took my belly button ring out 10 years ago (or maybe 11) but i've still got marks around the scar now.

Sorry to be a prophet of doom! you might be lucky and not get any!
  • Options
    With my first I was boasting at 37 weeks that I had no strech marks, then at 38 weeks they appeared and where huge big purple things that ran from the top of my belly all the way down to the bally button.

They have faided but you can still see where the skin has stracted.

So far I dont have any but I am not holding out much hope.

AnneMarie xx
    26+6
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of lucky ladies out there. I had lost a load of weight in the last twwo years so i already had tonnes of stretch marks although white and silvery on my tummy. Already they are becoming huge but still white and silvery so no fresh ones. Think if i can get away with only these and they shrink again i will not have many complaints. I have always hated my belly anyway and would only wear bikini on a far off foreign beach where there is no danger of me being known LOL.
    Am still oiling up though just in case bio oil actually works. xx
  • Options
    Hi

I have stretch marks on my breasts hips and bum but luckily enough for now I dont have any on my belly Im 38+3 weeks and I didnt with my last pregnancy either.
    I use bio oil and bump butter and have through out my pregnancy unfortunately there isnt anything you can do too prevent them.

Take care xx
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that I used Bio Oil twice daily so think if you are going to get them, you are going to get them I'm afraid. However, at least I feel like I did something.... If I hadn't used anything and got them I would have been kicking myself... at least I know I did everything I could!

[Modified by: mel7 on April 30, 2009 11:01 AM]

• Options
    i didnt have any till about 37weeks then belly just got covered, right the way along under my bump and up both sides on my hips. not attractive at all and i used palmers coca stuff and bio oil! if yr gonna get them dont think theres anything that stops them! xx

Nic 41+4
  • Options
    I've been using palmers on my bump and my boobs but didn't think I'd get them on my bum ! Yikes - best start creaming !
  • Options
    Oh I hope I dont get any!! i am 23+4 nothing yet! xxxx
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    During my last pregnancy I didn't get them until 34/35 weeks, which I was gutted about as I had used oil & moisturiser everyday.

I am using palmers cocoa butter this time and so far I have not got any new one's from this pregnancy.

We'll see... I believe like many others here, if you're going to get them there is nothing you can do.

Sam 24+2
  • Options
    Silvery white oes are old, red/purple ones are new! x