Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bedding??

hello Ladies, I hope you are all well?
I have a question about bedding for our moses basket and carry cot, are all sheets the same size? I measured our mattresses which are slightly different but then went onto mothercare this morning and it seems there is just one size of mattress? Is that right? I know when I bought the sheets for our cotbed, there were 2 or 3 different mattress sizes, now I am confused, which to be honest does not take to much these days!
Another question for all you ladies who have had newborns before, I want to swaddle out little one for the first few weeks. When she is swaddle, will she need any other bedding over her? She is due 30 May so will be summer, but then you never know what to expect from the good old weather! If it is colder, do I swaddle her in a thicker blanket or 2 blankets? Or do I stick to one and put her under covers as well?

Any help would be great thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    im nt 2 sure if thr all diff sizes... bt will be labled with crib/mosese sheets.... iv bought flat sheets, rather than the fitted, as my moses matress has square corners rather than the rounded ones...
    thr is generally measurments on the packets...
    matalan do sheets now!... ??3 for pack of 2!.. v good- v soft!!!!....
    i guesse it depends on each day as to wether u may need extra blankets or not..have room thermometer...and ur own instinct will tell u if baby is warm enough