Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

worried

hi all i am 18+2 weeks and have been told that i should be feeling movements at this stage but i havent should i be worried? i am beginning to think that something is wrong what do you think

Replies

• Options
    hey tracey, dont worry i didnt feel any kind of movements until i was 20/21 weeks and even then i wasnt too sure!! my fiance started to be able to feel movements at about 22 weeks so i shouldnt worry, everyone is different and there is no 'right' time to start feeling movements! im 35+4 weeks now and believe me the movements have started to get uncomfortable by now hehe. good luck, kim xxx
  • Options
    everyone is different and will feel their babas at different stages!

Have you had the checks with your m/w & when is your 20wk scan?

Fetal dopplers are really reassuring help too*
  • Options
    hi, i wouldn't worry to much your baby will be moving but you may not feel it.

if your worried i would see your midwife to put your mind at rest and enjoy your pregnancy.
  • Options
    i felt little things from really early on but didnt know it was baby moving, it felt like butterflies!
    When i got to 20wks i felt baby move more not loads though, it started properly when i was about 24wks!
    i do remember when my baby turned at 16 weeks (quickening i think its called) and i passed out i was in marks & spencer with my dad! i wouldnt worry yet, its easy to say but im sure you will begin to feel movements soon x
  • Options
    Hi Tracy! don't worry, there is plenty of time to feel the first movements. Is this your first baby? it is said that you may not feel anything until much later with the first. have you had your first scan? If so then that confirms all is ok! if not you should be seeing your baby soon! try to relax but contact midwife if you feel too anxious. X
  • Options
    Hi, I'm glad you asked this question because I have been really worried. I'm 19 weeks and feel like I have bubbles in my tummy at times but that is it. A lot of the girls in the 'Due In August' are feeling kicks and I've been really worried. Is it worth buying a fetal heart monitor?
  • Options
    If it's any consolation I am one of those in the August group who am now feeling kicks.....and I know I should be more grateful but I hate the feeling and have been really anxious ever since it started happening.

My husband knows when it's happened as I start swearing at my belly and pacing the room (apparently moving can rock them to sleep)....it's awful.

I'm sure the baby is moving, but luckily you can't feel it yet!!!

Seriously tho I would give it a couple more weeks before worrying.......you may just have a contented sleepy baby in there., or you just have a bit more space in your tummy so you can't feel it yet.