Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

head engaging question

Hi ladies hope u r all well. Went to my midwife app yesterday and she told me babys head is 'right down' and engaged, she didnt say how much but i wanted to know if u think labour could be near?!? (im hoping so!!)

Love a hopeful Steph 36+2 x

Replies

• Options
    HIya Steph.

With my first pregnancy my LO engaged fully at 36 weeks and wasn't born until 41+6! Being engaged doesn't mean that labour is iminent I'm afraid just that baby is getting ready and is in the right position so my MW said. I know loads of women whose babies have engaged and not been born for a few more weeks!!

Garfield
    38+0

XXX
  • Options
    Hey

Well my babies head has been 'right down' since 32weeks. And i am now 34+5. hopefully i wont go into labour anyway til 37weeks onwards but i agree with garfield. Just coz head is there it doesn't mean labour will start. It just means that baby is ready when the time does happen and is in the right position which is a god send really as its unlikely that baby would move into a breech position now as the room in there becomes reduced.

kate 34+5
    xxxx