Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anti-sickness medication

has anyone had any luck with anti-sickness medicine helping? I’m 9 weeks and sickness has hit me good and proper and I haven’t really kept anything down since Thursday. was thinking a gp appointment tomorrow to try some anti-sickness? Please someone give me positive stories 😫🤮

Replies

• Options

i had terrible all day and night nausea with my current twin pregnancy... I wanted to try and stay as low level as I could manage with regards to medication so my doctor gave me vitamin b6 & unisom to take At night... it has helped a lot! 

• Options

Claire the tablets the doc gave me when I was preg with number 1 baby were cyclazine  I have to say they didn't help much 

There was an injection i has can't remember it's name it had a 'De' in the name ( not much help i know)  but that worked... doc will know different types. 

I suffered with constanxt gipping through entire preg and I'm here about to TTC  all over again hahahaha.  

Good luck. X

• Options

Claire p.s. congrats on BFP X

• Options

Thank you for your help! I spoke to my gp on the phone today and they were unhelpful. I am fully aware this is just a part of pregnancy but basically they don’t want to intervene until I’m being sick 5/6 times a day. I did try to say that I think I’m not being sick that often because I’m hardly eating anything 😫 ive got nothing to bring up but when I do it definitely comes up! oh well positive thoughts and hopefully will pass. the acid from being sick has made my throat stupidly sore. 

good luck TTC! In my current state I can’t get my head around doing this again 😂😂 

• Options

Hi you're welcome  and thanks.  I can't believe they didn't help you.  Maybe go in to see doc in person.... ?

Eat when you can but keep your fluids up if you can.   I ate a lot of crystalised ginger if ou can stand it and ginger tea (yak but helped slightly)  oh and ginger biscuits....

Much sickness means a girl I heard..... but you know it's 50/50 Haha. 

If you have a lot of heartburn it means they have a lot of hair.... oh and they're generally boys from my experience! 

I said I'd never do it again.  I could give you a list of reasons why not but every pregnancy is different.   The sickness should ease off by the end of first trimester (apparently)  

Take care and all the best to you. X

• Options

Hi I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant and still suffer from sickness, it hasn't gone since it started which was week 7.

When i first started with it, the doctors gave me cyclizine and I've been on them sincerely, they do help me. I wish i didn't have to take them, i have tried to go a day without taking one but i can't eat without feeling sick if i don't take one x