Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MagicMonica

Hi ya

Just wondered if you'r ok? did you manage to check baby's heartbeat again today or contact m/w?

hope everythings ok hun

charlie x 16+2

Replies

• Options
    Hi charlie, how nice of you to ask!
    I went up the hospital this morning and got assesed. had a scan and everything is totally fine, baby growing perfect, and lovely to see it bigger now.
    They said its all just stretching pains, and poss worse for me cos of my tilted uterus, that is now fully stretched to right place!
    The heartbeat was an issue with the nurse and the scan lady. They begged me to get rid of the monitor I have been using. they say that they never advise to check heartbeats before 16-18 weeks, as it can fluctuate all the time and as its so small it is harder to get a constant beat.. so they have reasured me that everything is totally fine, and not to worry and enjoy my pregnancy.. said im past the main worry stages now anyway, and baby is looking perfect.
    So I do feel a lot better, and will put my monitor away for now.
    Thanks again to you all for your support last night too.. and thanks again charlie!
    caz xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/xXxWp1/.png

• Options
    Hi

So glad everythings ok hun, been waiting all morning to hear from you!
    Yes my midwife said sometimes these monitors can be a bad thing because if you cant find the heartbeat or something you will just worry and really the babe is so small at the moment its not always possible to get a constant beat!

I still use mine but only every few days as i dont want to get to obsessed, and i always give myself a little pep talk before trying to find baby, lol!

hugz and kisses
    charlie x 16+2
  • Options
    Ahhh thanks Charlie.. so nice that people care about others on here.. nice when i have little support here at home, as hubby works away.
    I will prob get mine back out when im near the end, just to make sure all ok, as my son had probs cos of his cord from 33 weeks.
    Im hoping by next week im gonna feel fresh as a daisy and pains all gone. Guess our bodies have a lot of work to do. Its funny cos i didnt get these pains with my other 2, strange how everytime is different.
    Thanks again hun.. take care
    Caz xx
    ps.. where are you from? is this your 1st?
  • Options
    Yeh this is my first, im from bedford. Im loving being pregnant, just getting impatient because i want to feel my LO move! I know its a bit early at the moment though,i got my next scan in just under 5 weeks... Halloween! Hoping to find out the sex, think i will be gutted if they can't tell me! Me and my partner both would like a boy but not too bothered aslong as baby is ok! Im only 20 so quite young but we had a miscarriage last year so just really glad everythings ok so far.

My baby is due on march 10th (8 days before mine and my partners 8 year anniversary) When are you due? How far were you when you felt both your other babes move around for the first time?

charlie x 16+2
  • Options
    glad to hear all is ok, just goes to show, all this newfangled technology isnt always helpfull and can sometimes do more harm than good. enjoy your pregnancy! xxx
  • Options
    Hi monica, im glad your baby is ok and i hope you will have peace of mind now you have seen it on the scan. Take care of you and your bump. xxx
  • Options
    Hi Caz

Just logged on and seen your messages (on both threads) - so glad everything is ok - hope you feel better and more relaxed.

xxx