Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Transverse Baby?

Hello ladies,
Had a growth scan today, I'm 34+4 and was told baby is transverse... head near my right ribs, bum near the left ribs.
Anyway, the MW informed me all is well on growth- measuring bang on the 50th centile. However, when I asked about transverse, she sort of smiled and said "keep your fingers crossed baby moves to head down, because it could turn either way at this stage with the position it is in"
What?! No more advice?! Brilliant! Thanks!!!

I am using the birthing ball, however my SPD is making that less comfortable, and swimming lots, hoping that helps... but otherwise am a bit lost for what to do?

Any advice would be greatly received!!

Sarah and the Beanio, 34+4 xx

[Modified by: sarahlb85 on 31 July 2010 18:00:36 ]

Replies

• Options
    It's a bit difficult to do anything specific except what you're already doing. I too had a growth scan at 32+5 and my baby was breech at this point. Had a scan at 36+6 to check presentation and baby was back to being head down-thank goodness, didn't feel it turn though! I didn't do anything more than what you're doing and just hoped for the best.
    Sorry not the best advice i know but just wanted you to know that it can all work out ok.
    Good luck
    MummaJ
    40+5
    xXx
  • Options
    Thanks MummaJ,
    I really hope this LO turns, I already have an 17 month old son, and dread the thought of being in hospital for a c-section for days and being away from him.
    Keeping my fingers crossed and keep on bouncing&swimming it is then! xx
  • Options
    Hi hun ,

G/C from baby . I was head down but back to back in the later stages. In the last week I felt a big turn. I was convinced baby had turned transverse. MW said no still back to back. Long story short after reasching 10cm and being told to push for 6 hours, making no progress and consultant came in did his thing- yup baby was transverse he told MWs off for not checking position etc properly. He was in process of getting ready to turn baby and assist delivery when I felt him turn and needed to go to the loo. Which I new meant baby was on way now Still had assisted delivery but vaginal.

Just want you to know that even if lo doesnt turn in next couple of weeks he can turn right up until the last minute so keep doing what your doing, Try and sit on a hard back chair rather than a sofe, rule of thumb the gave me was keep you knees lower than your hips. The lower your knees the better as the more room lo is getting to turn plus apparently gravity helps in this position. I was told to lie on left side in bed. Keep the swimming going and clean floors on hands and knees if spd allows.

You have plenty of time for lo to turn and even if he doesnt it can still happen in labour and they can look at turning lo for you. Try and not worry xx
  • Options
    Thanks Blue xStarx, I have been cleaning floors this morning in the hope baby turns! lol
    Off swimming next week again, and will deffo sit as you said... I think I've avoided uncomfy chairs because of the spd, but will do some knees lower than hips stuff. And keep on with the ball!

Turn baby turn!!! lol xx