Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice needed - Are my babies movements anything to worry about?

I probably won't get a response from this, and it may sound silly. I am 38+1 with a baby girl, but I'm not sure if her movements are how they should be, if that makes sense?

Basically, I watch videos of mums showing their bellys off, with their baby kicking... All these baby's are doing HUGE movements, and all these bones and body parts of the baby are rolling around, and it's just crazy. I realised these mums aren't as far gone as me, and I started to get a bit worried as I'm way more further along, and haven't experienced that. I get a few tiny rolls from my baby, but they aren't majorly noticeable like the ones I've seen others baby's do. My baby moves around alot, so I'm not worried about that, I'm just confused as to why the movements aren't as strong as all these other baby's.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm just worried and wondering if this is something I should mention to my midwife when I see her in a few days time. I tried looking online for some answers, but got nothing, so I figured that this was my last option. 

If you read this far, thank you.😊

Replies

• Options

At 38 weeks your near ready to give birth so you don’t always see movements as much also depends on your build.

i never made it to 38 weeks as I gave birth at 35 and to be fair I didn’t get a lot of movement from the belly but I could feel it And she was born 7lbs 1ounce so she wasn’t to big either. I know a few people you didn’t see any kicks or nothing the whole time so everyone is different. It also depends how baby lies to.

• Options

As long as baby is moving every day as normal then I wouldnt worry , comparing your baby to others you see on videos will never be the same everyone is different, but please don’t ignore any unfelt movements or if baby doesn’t move at all I’d probably get on the phone to midwife or like you said tell them on your next visit, xx

• Options

Thank you Robinangel and Lizzielouise for your responses.😊 I'm just glad she's moving constantly, otherwise I would worry. I guess there is nothing to worry about if she's all moving normally.😊 X

• Options

Hi I'm 25+3 weeks pregnant and I'm worried as I used to feel the baby move all the time throughout the day but now I am not feeling it as much now, the baby is still moves now and then but I don't know if it's normal or if I should be feeling the movements more 

• Options

Laura if your worried please contact your midwife better to be safe , you say baby is moving , does baby have a pattern during the day when he / she is active, xx

• Options

There is not much of a pattern but he moves when I lay on my back or have cold drinks 

• Options

For peace of mind I’d just contact your midwife, I’m 20 weeks pregnant and my little bean is very active around 6am , lunchtime and late afternoon evening, I know my little bean is still low down , have you read a leaflet about recording the baby’s kicks / movements or google it , xx

• Options

my baby didn’t move around like in ‘the videos‘ either. But that was normal for her So I never worried, my placenta was at the front and she was/is just such a chill baby she rolled more than punched/kicked. 

Try not not to worry UNLESS the movement is really reduced to normal. It does change at the end but you still get a good amount of movement. 

• Options

Been to seen midwife and they checked the heartbeat and said everything is fine