Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Happy Friday

Hi all just thought I'd pop a post on as I'm quite new to this forum. Happy Friday everyone. I'm 10 weeks plus 2 days and had my first scan on Monday. Was really good and o/h was made up as he got to chat to the midwife and ask questions and stuff which was great. He doesn't want to be left out of anything so it was really nice. Next scan at 20wks which is a few days before our wedding so v excited about that one. Wonder how big my bump will be? Anyone about 20wks now? how big is your bump?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Chriss, happy friday to you too! just wanted to say congrats on the scan, and how nice to hear oh is taking a keen interest!! I'm 38 weeks today so can't really remember how big i was at 20 weeks seems ages ago now, i was 20 weeks at xmas, but i started to show a little at 11 weeks, and had to start buying maternity clothes!! i'm not huge now at least i hope not!! most people who see me now say how neat and compact my bump is so quite pleased. Be prepared for lots of comments from people, when i first told people i was pregnant they were all thrilled that i was going to get fat, i just told them all i'd have a damn good excuse, and i wouldn't be fat i'm pregnant!! everyone has a comment, take no notice of the less than complimentary ones!! Em xx
  • Options
    hi chriss, just to give you an idea my bump has caught up in line with my boobs and i am a 40dd, just gone 19 weeks. everyone is different tho you may be one of these lucky people who dont show much at aluntil later on l!congrats on your pregnancy x x jen
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks today and I will be 17 weeks on the day of our wedding. I thought I had a bump a few days ago but then it disappeared. I have had to get bigger sizes in my trousers and I've gotten maternity bras as theyve gotten so big. My 20 week scan is may 29th xxx
  • Options
    Hi, I am nearly 17 weeks and have a little pot belly. Depends what I wear as to whether you can see if or not. Boobies have grown quite a bit. Have booked my 20 week scan for 17th May and it can't come quick enough. Good luck all with the weddings, any honeymoons planned???
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, Happy Friday! Congrats on your san Chriss bet it was so exciting!!
    Its very early days for me yet but I have a stupid question to ask so thought this would be the place!! When you buy maternity clothes do you buy them in your old size? I assume they have extra bits built in for your bump but you can basically get a similar size to what you would normally wear? xxx
  • Options
    Happy Friday!!!!! What a good idea! Maternity clothes are an odd one. Most places say buy your pre-pregnancy size but then you go to mothercare and do just that and when you put it on you realise that they were only kidding. Crave are good, so a Blooming Marvellous. Also, sticking at that size doesn't allow for you putting on a bit extra. Wait til you need larger clothes before buying!
  • Options
    Thanks Daska, thats really helpful. Think I will have to go for a trip back to the UK nearer the time so I can have a trying on session!! =) x
  • Options
    ebay's good for maternity clothes as long as you stick to the good brands - most only get worn for a few months.
  • Options
    Hi Chris

Congratulations on your baby and your wedding.

I am 35 weeks pregnant and feel enormous! At my 20 week scan I think my bump was about in line with my boobs. It was quite noticable anyway...
    It does seem like a long time ago now, roll on giving birth...image

Good luck with everything.

• Options
    Happy Friday, indeed! I'm 30 wks today. I've got quite a large bump but I'm only 5'2" so there's not anywhere for baby to go except out! I went to dr's yesterday & they measured bump top to bottom as 29cm, which is about right.
    I have been buying maternity clothes in pre-pregnancy size and not found any problems with fitting. Although Mothercare trousers are slightly cut smaller than other brands. Dorothy Perkins are my wardrobe staple for casuals.
  • Options
    Hi guys, thanks for the best wishes. I'm only 5'4ish with very short legs in comparison to one of my sisters who is actually shorter than me with longer legs so I'm a bit out of proportion. I have already found that my old jeans are too tight to wear all day and my boobs are already feeling huge so i've switched to a maternity bra which is lovely. I've already put some weight on over the last month as had an accident the week before we got our BFP so haven't been able to do normal walking around or excersie really so my usual size 8's are out the window. Got some nice size 10 maternity jeans which are a bit big just yet but they are under the bump style with a little stretch section by each front pocket. They're M&S my sister baught them in the sale b4 we even new i was pg they were only ??1. I'm hoping I'll be quite luck on the bump size, one of my sisters didn't really start to show until much later on and even then you could hardly tell but I know we're all different.