Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Worrying for nothing?

Hi,

I'm sure i'm worrying over nothing again but i have yet to feel lo move today, i think i'll give it till when my hubby gets in and then ring mw, she's done this before and was fine but i still worry. I just don't like to bother them, i feel like a right idiot when they say yeah shes fine, i don't want them thinking i'm overreacting xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi...I'm only 9 weeks so can't understand yet how you feel ... however, I would say that you shouldnt be worried at all about looking like an idiot - you're no expert and it's their job to be the expert an dlook after you....if I were you I'd call whenever I needed to. If you're worried (whether right or not) thats not good for bean either!
    Im sure bean will and is fine, but ring them! at least just to put your mind at rest xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun

Im 24 weeks and had this on Monday - lo was moving abit but not half as much so i ended up calling the docs and they rushed me in to check all was ok. Thankfully it was and altho i felt abit silly at the time, the nurse was wonderful and said if i feel uneasy again just to pop in and theyll listen to heartbeat to reassure me.

I think its always worth calling the docs or midwife cos thats what theyre there for. Ring them now and ask if you can pop down later if you are still worried about it, then your hubby can come too. Im sure its fine and baby is being lazy.

Nurse also told me to run a bath and sit and relax in it cos that often gets baby to move. Also try eating something sweet or cold. Baby may just be being lazy.

Hope all is ok - ring the docs now and then go run a bath!!

Anna xx
  • Options
    Well, shes started moving a little after having a bath, Rang mw and she said leave it till six and if i still feel uneasy to go in and they will check shes ok. Thanks xxx
  • Options
    Thats good to hear huni. Keep us posted xx