Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

30 week growth.

Hi I need some advice I’m 30 weeks & I visited the hospital this week due to reduced movements & because it was the 2nd time I’ve been in for this reason it’s protocol in my hospital for them to scan you as well which they did. The midwives doing the scan where really struggling to measure her femur length as she was in a breech position and was sort of sitting on her legs. They went away to work out what she weighs and it’s come back that she weighs 1375g which plots on the 10th percentile, her AC is 264.6mm which plots over the 50th percentile, her HC is 282.8mm which plots around the 50th percentile and her FL which is the one they struggled to get is 48.9mm which plots below the 10th percentile. This is the one I am worrying about the most and I think if they couldn’t measure it properly they shouldn’t have noted it down as all I’ve done is go out of my mind with worry. I’m booked in for a growth scan a week on Tuesday in the ultrasound department rather than the midwife unit as my consultant (who I see for a different reason) thinks they will be able to get a better look. He think it is probably an inaccurate measurement but I can’t help but worry. I just wanted to knowing anyone else has gone through anything similar and what the outcome was? Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    hey ive had many growth scan will on this baba too mine mesured small for dates but they can get in awkard positions so thats y ur going bk i woukdent worry to much ur prob av a small baby i dint have big babys i had loads of growth scans and was induced coz they thought growth was slowing down not getting anouth from placenta they might induce u bit early too think they try leave it 36 weeks then induce u my baby were born 5lb 10 .. 5l12 iv had premies aswell at 32 weeks weighing 4lb 2 all breathing fine i find drinking cold water and going lie down under blankets gets baba wiggling or baths and just after both hope ur not too worried ur not alone with the growth scans and in and outs here if ya need any more info xx
  • Options
    Rachel158 said:
    hey ive had many growth scan will on this baba too mine mesured small for dates but they can get in awkard positions so thats y ur going bk i woukdent worry to much ur prob av a small baby i dint have big babys i had loads of growth scans and was induced coz they thought growth was slowing down not getting anouth from placenta they might induce u bit early too think they try leave it 36 weeks then induce u my baby were born 5lb 10 .. 5l12 iv had premies aswell at 32 weeks weighing 4lb 2 all breathing fine i find drinking cold water and going lie down under blankets gets baba wiggling or baths and just after both hope ur not too worried ur not alone with the growth scans and in and outs here if ya need any more info xx
    Thanks, I’m really hoping it is just down to them not being able to get to her properly. Me and my partner are both only 5’4 so I don’t expect she will be a very big child. It’s just hard not to worry. Thanks again x
  • Options
    yeh think u do worry it  and there ya go then u prob have around same weight baby then try not to worry to much just keep eye on ya movements if ya concerned any time dont be afraid to phone hosp or go up thats what there there 4 xx
  • Options
    Rachel158 said:
    yeh think u do worry it  and there ya go then u prob have around same weight baby then try not to worry to much just keep eye on ya movements if ya concerned any time dont be afraid to phone hosp or go up thats what there there 4 xx
    Thanks, she’s very active so as soon as it goes a few hours or so and I’ve not felt her I make sure I get checked thanks again :) xxx