Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Two sacs one heartbeat

I’ve just been for a scan this morning (private one). Two sacs the same size have been located but only one heart beat detected. I’m 9 weeks and 1 day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Options
    My friend had similar situation. Till 12weeks they couldn't see heartbeat in one of the sacs, but after 12 weeks there was 2 heartbeats.and then on each scan there was 4 weeks difference between babies. As she been told she got pregnant with first baby aproxiapproxi 2 weeks after LP,and with second next month. It is very rare,but can happen....both babies are fine now. When she gave a birth (37weeks) one aby was measuring smaller and had preterm condition.stayed in NICU for a week,but another was full term ...
  • Options
    I carnt wait for my 12 week scan now, Ive 3 weeks to go, hopefully I will get an answer, either a heart beat there or the sac has been absorbed, which ever, it’s going to be a long 3 weeks 🙄
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you 
  • Options
    Well it’s my scan on Monday, I had a private scan at 11 weeks and it was still showing the same one empty sac and the other sac with baby in. I’ll be 12+3 when I have my first hospital scan so hopefully I can get some answers 😐
  • Options
    Hopefully everything will be good