Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nutrition in first trimester

I am two months pregnant, I don't feel like eating at all and am scared if it will affect my baby, please what kind of foods are most good in the first trimester

Replies

• Options
    Leafy greens,lean protein and loads fruits and veg is best choice.
    Try to avoid potentially harmful food as unpasteurised cheese (mozarella,soft cheese and ect) fish high in mercury (shark,swordfish and ect),liver and liver products,undercooked meat and eggs, most of deli meats,pre-made sandwiches and ect
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Jun 15, 2019 10:16AM
    I felt awful in my first trimester. I decided the best form of food was food I could stomach 😂 I practically lived on croissants, cheese on toast and plain toast for around 6-8 weeks. I also tried to drink full milk when I felt up to it.

If you can, then eat all the good stuff listed above (and definitely avoid the bad stuff). But main thing I'd suggest is to get yourself a good quality pregnancy vitamin (not just folic acid). Your body will prioritize growing the baby so don't worry too much. 
  • Options
    I felt awful in my first trimester. I decided the best form of food was food I could stomach 😂 I practically lived on croissants, cheese on toast and plain toast for around 6-8 weeks. I also tried to drink full milk when I felt up to it.

If you can, then eat all the good stuff listed above (and definitely avoid the bad stuff). But main thing I'd suggest is to get yourself a good quality pregnancy vitamin (not just folic acid). Your body will prioritize growing the baby so don't worry too much. 
    Did you find it got better after 8 weeks I’m praying this is the case for me !!! 
  • Options
    @abbierk95 It's different or everyone. Personally I had 24/7 extreme nausea (literally just wanted to wrap myself round a toilet bowl even though I wasn't actually being sick) from week 6 until week 12, this then got gradually better over time and by week 14 I felt alright most of the time. It took until week 18 for me to actually feel completely 'normal' with respect to eating and drinking.

• Options
    Everyone is different my best friend suffered with morning sickn as till 16 weeks, I never had it..so I think it's all depends of your own body
  • Options
    Honestly the first trimester seems to be a case of eat whatever you can stomach for most people! The idea of leafy green salads and salmon (which used to be my favourite meal) makes me want to barf at the moment. I've eaten a lot of carbs - toast with vegemite, potatoes, and chicken/cheese/avocado sandwiches have been my go to. Along with banana smoothies. 

As what the others day, take a prenatal vitamin if you're super worried, but the baby will take what it needs from the food/drink you consume regardless :)

As for nausea, it varies. Last time I was vomiting daily up until 24 weeks, however the constant nausea had gone by 14 weeks. This time around I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and the nausea isn't as bad as it was from weeks 6-9 but it's definitely still hanging around.
  • Options
    I’m currently 7 weeks and the nausea has been unbearable actually debilitating I’ve been in bed when home for 2 weeks and really struggled at work to the point  of crying! I got some tablets on Friday from the doctor which have helped the sickness but nausea is still very much there! I can’t seem to stomach anything! And can detect grease and oil in allllll foods even bread!!! 
    Hugely having an affect on my mental health and relationship!! 
  • Options
    abbierk95 said:
    I’m currently 7 weeks and the nausea has been unbearable actually debilitating I’ve been in bed when home for 2 weeks and really struggled at work to the point  of crying! I got some tablets on Friday from the doctor which have helped the sickness but nausea is still very much there! I can’t seem to stomach anything! And can detect grease and oil in allllll foods even bread!!! 
    Hugely having an affect on my mental health and relationship!! 
    You sound a bit like me when I was in my first trimester. I literally went to work, came home and slept (or tried to sleep) and that was my cycle for weeks. I also felt like I was at breaking point when I was at work. 

All I can suggest is to stay strong and know it will eventually pass. The only thing I found that even slightly helped me was ice pops. But tbh just try every suggestion you can find on the internet and see if anything helps you.