Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mat leave... HELP!

hi all,

i have recently had my second baby, who is now almost 7 months, I am due back to work in Sept however have justfound out i’m pregnant again. Which i am over the moon about HOWever.. im worried about work. Will I wuality for Mat pay again? I cannot live without it , it would be near impossible for us as a family.

does anyone know the rules? The internet is sending me in all directions!
thanks, b x

Replies

• Options
    You will definitely qualify for government based maternity leave. Ie. SMP and up to 52 weeks total leave.

If your company offers an enhanced maternity package then it will probably depend on any terms and conditions in your contract. Your best bet is to speak to HR (if they do offer an enhanced package) as soon as you feel comfortable.
  • Options
    Just to add. If for some reason you changed jobs in the short period where you'll be back at work then you would jeopardize your right to SMP as you need to be employed in the same job for at least 26 weeks prior to the date that is 15 weeks before baby's due date. Being on maternity leave is classed as still being employed, it's just if you were to leave your job / get a new job that it would be affected.