Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

edited Jul 29, 2019 10:05AM in Pregnancy
Hi, I’ve been getting some pregnancy symptoms the last couple of weeks or so. My period is due any time. They are irregular (I’m now at day 31 but it can be between 28- 34 days before I have my period). I did a test a couple of days ago which was negative. Then I have read that a test should be done after a missed period... just wanted some advice on when to actually test? Will the one I did a couple of days ago be a true result if my periods are irregular? any advice would be helpful :) I am TTC after a miscarriage earlier in the year x

Replies

• Options
    Different tests have different guidelines so it's hard to say. What were the guidelines on your test? It normally says on the packet?

You're not out until AF arrives, that's the important thing. So if AF hasn't arrived in a few more days then it could be worth retesting. Plus some people's HCG climbs slower than others so some people don't get a positive until way after AF was due. 

Good luck 🤞
  • Options
    I’m not sure 🙉 it was a clear blue one though. It is just strange because I’ve felt different. We shall see what happens :) thank you for your help! X
  • Options
    If you have irregular cycle you should wait as long as your longest cycle. In your case 34 days.