Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Miscarriage 4 weeks ago pregnant again?????

Sadly we lost our baby at 6 weeks on the 17th August and for the past few weeks I’ve been cramping really bad and my breasts are so sore on the outer parts going into my armpits nipples on and off sore. So done a test and it was positive. We did have sex on the 26th and 30th. I’m so so worried that it’s all going to go so wrong again. 😫. Has anyone else had a successful pregnancy straight after a miscarriage. Also how would I calculate how far gone I am? Any advise would be appreciated. 

Replies

• Options
    Hi, there are two options. Else you have leftover hcg from first pregnancy, but it's unlikely since it was so early, or ur pregnant again. Did u test to be sure hcg was gone after ur bleeding stopped? I would suggest to mb talk to dr to do blood test if u are not sure. 

I mced at 5 weeks and got pregnant straight after, before my first period. My son is nearly 1yo. It is very unlikely to have two mcs in a row. They can't do much about dating, so they count from first day of ur mc bleeding and then adjust at first dating scan at 10-12weeks (in UK). 

Don't worry to much, be happy and enjoy. I wish u a healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Thank you for replying I was worried I wouldn’t get a response. Yes Monday the 26th I got a negative and blood test of 10. So she said it was complete. We tried again that night and then the following weekend.
    We have tried for 4 years to get pregnant I have one blocked tube and one was forced open in February with a hog. I feel a lot different than I did last time I was in a lot of pain last time on my right side near my ovary and this time I have stronger symptoms the metallic taste and I don’t feel in pain anymore apart from the cramping I had a week or so ago. I really hope I am. I just want to give my partner what he’s always wanted. Do you think they will go from saturday 17th when I started the brown blood or Monday 19th when I was crippled over and passed a massive clot? Sorry if to much info 😬
  • Options
    The first day of bleeding is always counted from, brown spotting doesn't count. Not like a day makes the difference. Anyways it seems like lengthwise it was similar to regular cycle, so it shouldn't be much off, with the date. Good luck. I'm not pregnant with my second and it's my second cycle after second mc. I'm terrified too haha. But I also feel different this time, fingers crossed for sticky beans for both of us.
  • Options
    I have everything crossed for you. Thank you for the reassurance. So you had a miscarriage then your son and then a miscarriage whilst trying again and now pregnant again? Our bodies are pretty incredible. Works not being very supportive at the moment which makes it harder I took 2 weeks off after miscarriage just because I have a fast paced high stress job and I wasn’t ready and they put me on a warning even though I had a sick note that stated miscarriage!! So 2Moro when I go in I will say I want to be carful and if they continue to put me on the strenuous jobs I don’t know what I will do. Not sure how I’m going to make a doctors appointment as I work full time and work won’t let me nip out for an appointment. I’m sorry to off load 😂😂. Please keep me updated on yourself . 
  • Options
    Yes, that's exactly how it is. But I have brown colours CM spotting (sorry TMI) on and off second day already. I thought it went away this morning, but it's back. I was scared so I retested. Line was the same or slightly lighter than yday I'm terrified. Gonna test on Tuesday again. I can relate to work problems, mine is very bad too, I hope they will treat u well afterall! I made a topic yday, there are 3 of us if u wanna join. 
  • Options
    Hopefully it’s just implantation as that’s suppose to be brown. Yea I’d love to join only I’m new to this and I don’t know how 😬😬.