Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thoughts on EARLY INTERNAL ULTRASOUND SCAN

Another maybe stupid question. What are your thoughts on INTERNAL ULTRASOUND SCAN. in both previous pregnancies i have had them. 
1st one i had an internal scan 8 weeks 3 days and i saw the heartbeat. Went back for a normal ultrasound at 12 weeks and was told baby stopped growing at approx 8 weeks 5 days... (had a missed miscarriage-didnt know until i had scan)
2nd one i had internal scan at 5 weeks. Was too early to see anything. Went back for 8 weeks scan and was told baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days... (2nd missed miscarriage-again no symptoms till scan day)
For both pregancies i had to take the misoprostil to basically have a miscarriage.
I might just be paranoid and associating my internal scans with these miscarriages... miscarriages can happen to anyone at anytime... But i cant seem to think possibly theres a link in MY CASE. 
This time round they want to scan me at 6 weeks because of previous miscarriages. Im not sure though. Advice plz. And plz be honest if u think im being a weirdo or whatever... be honest. 

Replies

• Options
    Internal scan is safe hun, but if you have irritated cervix it might affect pregnancy(not at all cases, but can).
    As you had previous mc' after scan obviously you will be worried. And remember it's your rights to say no to scan if you feel you don't want it and this makes your anxious.
    Tbh no one will be able to give you advice it's totally up to you. Fingers crossed this time everything will works great for you and you will have your June-July baby x
  • Options
    Thank u so much @Sigsauer i seen ur thread about being a doula. Call me stupid but what is that?? Sorry!!! 
    I know i can say no to the scan BUT then im in 2minds. Because i have suffered 2 MISSED miscarriages. Its harder not knowing and carrying on for several weeks thinking ur pregnant when ur actually not. Its such a weird strange feeling afterwards. I never got any symptoms of miscarriage in previous 2. I dont know.
    Im a strong believer in God so my thinking is to just leave it in the Hands of God and see what comes of it. I really appreciate the nurses etc and i know 10000000000000's of women have early internal scans and are absolutely fine. Maybe im one of them who isnt. Ive never been told i have a irritated cervix. Ive never asked... 
    As a professional what would ur opinion be? Shall i leave it till my 12th week routine scan or go every 2 weeks for an internal scan?? Im confused!!!!! I dont know what to do x
  • Options
    As a doula I provide support for women in the end of pregnancy, labour and few weeks with newborn, but it's just mentally and bit physically not medically.
    I can understand how you feel, as I had 3 mc and new pregnancy was very hard for me mentally.
    You can't control your pregnancy and if something is going wrong and it will be mc it will happened with or without scan. If you think the scan will give you peace of mind go for it. If you think and afraid of scan, just wait till 12 weeks one.
    There is no wrong or right decision. 
    Try to relax and listen your body. There is a good practise. Sit down in dark, silent room with candle, close your eyes and try not to think about anything for at least 5 min. Then when you open your mind what will be first though in your head. This will be voice of your body, what your body and mind want, not what you think is right.
    You Don't need scan every 2 weeks, as like I said you can't control anything.... And from my own experiences after scan you will feel better 2-3 days and then will start panic again.
    Just try to relax and enjoy. And give everything in hands of your own body. 
  • Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for your advice. I appreciate it SO much. You are so right. I cant stop the inevitable so regardless of the numerous scans/bloods i have nothing can be done so no point... I think i may try the different route this time and just leave it till my official 1st scan if i reach that point hopefully. I will worry no matter what, you are absolutely right... i hate being poked and prodded. Had enough of it previous 2 miscarriages. Poked whilst pregnant, poked after, and then again after that!!
    But thank you so much!!! You have an AMAZING JOB and you are making the world a better place for all these mums2be. Your words are very reassuring and calming. Thank you ever so much xxxxx
  • Options
    @Sigsauer
    And i am really sorry about your previous miscarriages. I pray for u xxx
  • Options
    Thank you for good words. 
    I am really hoping this one is sticky and you will have good pregnancy. 
    I had a baby recently after my mc's. Pregnancy was full of anxiety, till point I had panic attacks. Then I asked for a counceller help. Started to do pregnancy yoga, meditate and started my doula course to take my mind off pregnancy and it worked. So don't be afraid to ask for extra help if you feel you need it
  • Options
    @Sigsauer i shall be keeping all your advice in mind. Thank u ever so much xxx
  • Options
    @SUM308 good luck and fingers crossed for you 
  • Options
    I am 6weeks 5 days today...
  • Options
    No morning sickness. No sore boobs. No nausea. Anyone else???? Plz say there is someone else out there. I keep reading stupid articles that say morning sickness is a good sign blah blah. I hope all is ok x
  • Options
    SUM308 said:
    No morning sickness. No sore boobs. No nausea. Anyone else???? Plz say there is someone else out there. I keep reading stupid articles that say morning sickness is a good sign blah blah. I hope all is ok x
    Mine has only just started I'm only 7 weeks 
  • Options
    @SUM308 I am 16.5 weeks and have never had morning sickness with this pregnancy or with my son. It’s perfectly normal to not have any symptoms yet. Only symptoms I got were peeing a lot and hungry, but that didn’t start until 8-9 weeks
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 @Chloe87
    I think because ive had 2 previous miscarriages again with no symptoms im just worrying... And yes im peeing alot aswell and always hungry hahahaha.
    But thanks alot for that. Im gonna try stop reading into it too much and just sit and wait x
  • Options
    @SUM308 I am so sorry about your losses. I can’t even imagine and I know that makes it hard to not think about things going wrong. But fingers crossed this is your sticky bean and everything works out how it is supposed to 🙂 the peeing and hungry are good signs!
  • Options
    Chloe87Chloe87 Regular
    edited Dec 1, 2019 8:16PM
    SUM308 said:
    @Rachel.a21 @Chloe87
    I think because ive had 2 previous miscarriages again with no symptoms im just worrying... And yes im peeing alot aswell and always hungry hahahaha.
    But thanks alot for that. Im gonna try stop reading into it too much and just sit and wait x

Sorry to hear about that :( I think some people just don't get any symptoms at all so don't feel like your missing out 🤣 I've been throwing up for two days and tomorro I'm not wearing a bra to work as I can't bare it lol ! You'll get there hun :) and try not to feel say about MC there's obviously a good reason those beans didn't stick ! You'll get your rainbow soon xx

• Options
    The internal scan is completely safe it doesn't enter the cervix. It's no different than a penis its transvaginal so only enters  vagina. So purely coincidence hun xx
  • Options
    @SUM308 I ever ever had a sickness... Even for 1 day.. And never had any symptoms... Not even peeing a lot (except for last month) 
  • Options
    I went in today and spoke to the sonographers in depth before having my early scan. I know i was just being stupid but its something that was playing on my mind!!! Whatever is going to happen is inevitable. Nothing i can do to stop it anyway... xxx thank u everyone