Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Get very regular periods on nexplanon

Hey all, 

Was wondering if anyone has experienced similar. 

Hopefully before anyone says its not possible to get pregnant on contraception (implant), i know women who have.

My situation is, ever since ive had this nexplanon implant, since January 2018, at first for around 4 months i had no periods, they were irregular. However, i noticed they became regular, and now i have a period pretty much every 27/28/29 days.

This is the 3rd implant i am using. The first i had regular periods, but i didnt have that one in for long. The 2nd i had for all 3 years and had irregular periods, but this time its very regular. 

I know periods change, but my question is if i am having regular periods, am i actually ovulating?

I also notice white discharge, it doesnt have odourcl, quite sticky and sometimes theres lots of it. For the past few weeks, ive started craving specifically granny smith apples, which ive not has since my first who is 5 years old. After her birth i completely went off green apples. I thought it was a one off, but ive gone out of my way to stock my house with green apples. Also, bananas which i hate, but now i love. All of a sudden im also craving Mcdonalds which i did with my first. I have 2 children. 

Im just really confused because im also suffering from headaches, nausea, tiredness, sleeping way more than usual, the smell of cooking makes me sick, backpain and sometimes i feel this funny sensation like a pop in my belly. But i dont know if thats my uterus playing games with me, as thats the area that i feel it.

My last period was 8/11, lasted around 5 days, but was mainly brown most of the time. However, this time the period have me very bad back pain i had to use a hot water bottle for relief and i never have that much pain during my periods.

I didnt think anything of it until i spoke go my mum and she questioned me, and reminded me that no contraception is 100%. (thanks mum!) 

I wonder if anyone can shed light on this. Or has been through similar. 
Much appreciated. Thank you xxx