Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive test but spotting

Hi!!

I just need to ask... my husband and I are trying to get pregnant, been trying since August. The 3rd dec  (expected my period the 6th) I noticed a very very light pink spotting which the day after turned into more brownish looking discharge (sorry for too much info!).. and then it disappeared a day later. I know this can happen (implantation bleeding) BUT after 2-3 days I started bleeding again and it was much heavier. So I immediately thought it was a no this time as well. I'm still spotting as of now, HOWEVER..... tonight I decided to take an ovulation test, which to my surprise showed a big happy smile.  I've read that ovulation tests CAN detect pregnancies so I took a pregnancy test too. And there was two lines. my husband and I have not had sex since i stopped bleeding the first time. CAN I BE PREGNANT ?! 

Replies

• Options
    Yep. Happened to me! I thought i had my period early as i was having red / brown spotting. Took a test and came back positive! Continued with the spotting for awhile after but did eventually syop. Was told it was implantation bleeding. Congratulations! 
  • Options
    I tried the opk before preg test and got positives on it. 
  • Options
    Apple2018 - thanks for your comment!!! I really really hope its true! I'll contact my GP today and see if I can come in. Its really weird because I'm bleeding quite heavily now so hope it's not something very wrong :( 

I'll update you here!!
  • Options
    Apple2018 said:
    Yep. Happened to me! I thought i had my period early as i was having red / brown spotting. Took a test and came back positive! Continued with the spotting for awhile after but did eventually syop. Was told it was implantation bleeding. Congratulations! 
    Also how long did you have the implantation bleeding for?? :) 
  • Options
    For a good while. I had spotting on and off for the first trimester. I also think my body had a 'period' 4 weeks after conception when it was due. My doc said it can happen. 
  • Options
    @Swede91 my mum had bleeding the whole way through pregnancy with me and my brother and was all healthy xx