Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Exercise in early pregnancy

Hello, 
What do people suggest about exercising at around 5 weeks? I know exercise is good for you during pregnancy but I am nervous of anything that might cause a problem (after two chemicals I literally feel like this one won't last). 
Thanks for any advice x

Replies

• Options
    My doctor told me you can exercise, but she said if you have already been exercising before getting pregnant. If not, walking is always great during pregnancy and just certain types of exercising would have to be modified or avoided, like anything very high intensity or ab type stuff of course 
  • Options
    Ok that's good then. I was doing clubbercise for about 6 months (ha a break over Christmas!) But went last week and today. I told the teacher and she said to just take it easy. Only thing is I felt out of breath whereas I used to be fine..  I'm assuming that's normal x
  • Options
    Yes I am very out of breath! But exercise during is definitely encouraged still 
  • Options
    Great, thank you :)
  • Options
    @SmithL35 Hi. Yes, ive been advised the same. I used to go exercise three times per week, three runs and two classes. Ive cut it down to something twice weekly just to keep something up
  • Options
    LM4900 said:
    @SmithL35 Hi. Yes, ive been advised the same. I used to go exercise three times per week, three runs and two classes. Ive cut it down to something twice weekly just to keep something up
    Ok great. I used to run and wanted to take it up again in the new year but will leave that for now :)
  • Options
    Yes. Im still doing it but going at a slower pace and not so far 
  • Options
    LM4900 said:
    Yes. Im still doing it but going at a slower pace and not so far 
    Good plan. I think if I'd been running more recently I'd probably still continue with it, but I love my dance class and I'll do some yoga
  • Options
    I need to do some yoga! I’ve been meaning to start walking again but it’s been so cold here 
  • Options
    Have you got snow?
  • Options
    No snow, I wish we did! It seems like everywhere around us has gotten snow this week. We just have rain today 
  • Options
    Ahh I hate just rain :(