Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just looking for some advice please x

Hi everyone,
This Friday just gone I finally got my strong BFP & I’ve calculated the pregnancy to be 4 weeks 6 days from my last period. Since finding out I’ve been all over the place emotionally, excited/nervous/petrified haha. I’ve tried not to let myself get too happy as I’ve experienced 2 mcs before. This will (hopefully  <3) be my first successful pregnancy 

I work in a nursing home, and yesterday whilst at work I sat down on a chair stood up and seen a small red patch of blood... my heart dropped I went straight to the bathroom to check but there was only a small amount of red blood, that was the only show of red blood. After that it turned into a pink cream like consistency then eventually it turned into a brown discharge. Not enough to fill a pad or even a pantyliner whatsoever, just a small line and when I wipe. 

I tried to ring my doctors this morning to get booked in for a midwife appointment but due to the Coronavirus outbreak my GP is closed :s:/  

Does this sound like spotting or something I should be worried about? 

Thank you ladies and sorry for the long post xxx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear about prev mc. I had one at 5 weeks in nov and still trying to conceive my 1st. I had light spotting which turned heavy. They say light spotting is common early preg but if turns heavy or pain then you should seek help. Is there a walk in centre to go to be sure? Try not to worry as could be nothing. 
  • Options
    Hi @cccgeorgia2020. I had a very light ‘period’ for 3/4 days when i was due on. Mine are normal heavy and painful and because it was so light I had my suspicions it was implantation bleeding and took a test - and I’m now 14 weeks and 3 days 😊 
    Try not to worry too much, but keep an eye on things over the next few days. Good luck ❤️
  • Options
    Hi Georgia,
    congrats on you BFP and try not to worry. Have you had any more bleeding and have you managed to speak to anyone at your doctors. I don’t really have any advice but noticed we are about the same, I’m 5 weeks 3 days and very nervous as my last pregnancy 2 years ago ended in MC at 7/8 weeks so I totally understand your worries. If you want to chat I’m all ears 😀
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies everyone ❤️ 

I’m still spotting, it’s brown now and just small streaks but it’s been both pink and brown. Not experienced any heavy bleeding or extreme cramping so I’m trying to hold onto some hope 😩 never managed to get in touch with the doctors as they’re still closed.. preg tests are still positive.. all I can do is wait xx
  • Options
    @cccgeorgia2020 not sure if this may be useful to you, but I used clearblue digital tests that told me 1-2 weeks pregnant first and then re-tested 7 days later and the weeks had increased. This made me feel better as I knew for certain my hcg levels were increasing. Sending positive thoughts your way ❤️