Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Possible Miscarriage?

Hi Guys

I need a little help - we've been trying to conceive for years and I did 3 pregnancy tests on Friday and Saturday which were positive - 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

But I have woken up this morning and found blood in the toilet bowl with very small clumps and only blood on the tissue when wiping. I don't really have any cramping and there blood isn't really transferring alot on my sanitry towel.

I've no idea what to think :(

Replies

• Options
    Hi @Sam202007. I too had bleeding when I first found out I was pregnant and implantation bleeding is very 'normal' even though it puts the fear of God into you. If you're not cramping like a you would on a heavy period (some cramping is normal though as strange and wonderful things are happening in there) and you're not filling a pad; this is all perfectly 'normal'. Not sure where you are based, but where I am in the UK we have an Early Pregnancy Unit where they will give you advice over the phone and book you in for a scan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x
  • Options
    Thanks @Kellly85

I'm based in London - just got off the phone to the GP. Advised to keep an eye on the bleeding, and if it gets worse tonight to  her back to book into the early pregnancy unit for a check up.

There is hardly anything on my pad - but defiently a substantial amount when wiping!

x
  • Options
    @Sam202007 I’m really glad you got to speak to your GP and you can call back if still concerned. I thought I had come on my period (had negative tests just before I was due) because I passed a clot on day 1 and was expecting my flow to really pick up the following day but it never did - which is when I knew I was pregnant. I bled for about 4ish days, wasn’t anything on a pad but always some blood when I wiped. I then had odd bits of bleeding on and off for up to 11 weeks (all unexplained!). I’m now 23 weeks. Just try and stay calm, keep your eye on everything and defiantly contact your doctor if you feel things are escalating. Something that brought me a tiny bit of peace of mind wile I was waiting for scans after bleeding was the Clear Blue digital tests that showed me the weeks. I’d wait 7 days between taking them and the increase in how many weeks pregnant I was gave me hope. I truly wish you all the best ❤️ X