Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Constipation

noticed a difference in toilet habits last week or so ,ive never had a issue with it before even when pregnant, does anybody know why all of a sudden harder stools etc ,sorry , its just so unlike me x

Replies

• Options
    I was constipated my whole pregnancy. It’s just a symptom of being pregnant. Totally normal 🙂
  • Options
    Thanks @Rachel.a21 I've just never been constipated during pregnancy x
  • Options
    @90schick dont worry love mines super weird lol its very loose in the morning then super blocked up by night.....i was told it was normal
  • Options
    Definitely agree with everyone else, it's a very normal pregnancy side effect. There's lots of safe natural remedies though, sometimes you just need to eat more fibre and drink more water but if that doesn't work then I recommend a little bit of prune juice daily.

I also recommend having some lactulose ready for when you give birth. If I ever have another I'll start taking that from the second I give birth. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone @Catlady220 @Curiosity101 the anxiety got the better of me I rang up epu they gave me a scan saw a heartbeat 💓 💗 💖  so pleased after last time what I went through xx
  • Options
    @90schick <3 seeing my bubbas heart beat was the greatest thing ever after going thru my mc.....i was sooooooooooo scared when they were doing it then she focused in on the baby n pointed at the heart beat n i just started crying .....my hubby was concerned and i just told him u have no idea how happy this makes me
  • Options
    @Catlady220 such a relief isn't it xx
  • Options
    @90schick it is <3 i cant wait for my next scan.....i have a prenatal appointment on the 17th when im 12+2 but idk if they will schedule the ultra the week after or more :/ i hope they will do an audio on the heartbeat at least <3 we are getting the early gender scan too so ill see the baby again at 15weeks
  • Options
    @Catlady220 I had gender scans with my 2nd and 3rd children and a 4d scan those are amazing x
  • Options
    @90schick the only part that sux is insurance doesnt cover the early gender or 4d......but i cant wait til week 18-20 to find out my babys gender lol
  • Options
    @Catlady220 I had one at 16 weeks with daughter but she was in awkward position, 17 weeks cud definitely tell , some people like it 2 b a surprise which is lovely ,but I'm too damn impatient!! 🤣🙄 x