Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I have Mirena IUD in, I’ve had very obvious pregnancy symptoms and two very faint positive FRER test

I have a mirena IUD. I have an appointment this Wednesday to get it taken out, it’s been causing me pain for some time and I had suspicions that it was displaced somehow. About a couple weeks ago I started having the following symptoms:
  • Fatigue— napped for three days in a row
  • Waking up feeling actually hungover
  • Dizziness 
  • Taste adversion/ a lot of things have a similar sickly sweet smell and taste like artificial sweetener. Even my perfumes and favorite foods/drinks. Metallic taste in my mouth. Indigestion
  • Urine/stool smells different—very unpleasant 
  • Back/hip pain and spasms when standing
  • Heart palpitations when resting
  • Cramps
I went in the other day for the cramps because they got pretty painful and pain started shooting down my leg. They treated me so bad and were almost literally laughing at me for even insisting I might be pregnant and taking up precious space in the ER. But so far I’ve taken two FRER tests and I’ve gotten what looks like two very faint positives... though the digital, rapid response, and cheapies have been negative.  I’m scared it might turn out to be ectopic. I’d really like to know other people’s thoughts and if anyone has a similar experience.