Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MIL to be !!

Bug's me !!!

Grr's think I am having a rant. I went for my dating scan on Friday everything is okay I am measuring between 12 + 5 and 13 + 2 will find out for defo on Thursday.

I thought I would now look for Pram's, as my idea is to put a deposit down and pay it off each month, obviously being due in Jan, dont want to be short on xmas fund's so on.

Told MIL that we were looking at some pram's her reply being "isn't it abit early" well sorry for looking.

When we told her I was pregnant her reply was "I didn't know you were trying" as if we would tell her when we were doing it (sorry to be TMI).

She just really really annoy's me and if it carry's on I could snap.

Rant over.

xx

[Modified by: Suze19 on 27 June 2010 18:45:12 ]

Replies

• Options
    They are in a class of their own aren't they!!
    My MIL means well jeez, her latest idea was that she wanted to come and paint our nursery furniture (we have furniture already so don't need to buy more) white (it's pine) and then stencil it??? Erm I don't flipping think so! Hubs has told her in no uncertain terms will there be ANY stenciling in our house.Rant away hun, we understand!
    Love MrsH and little pud 13+4 xxx
  • Options
    oops double post x

[Modified by: MrsH x on June 27, 2010 08:17 PM]

• Options
    I would completely understand if I was looking for stuff at 7 wk's or something, its the fact I know everything is okay and Ive had my scan.

They have a 3 bed house with 2 ppl living in it, didnt even offer to have stuff at her house for us, till we sort rooms here. My mum has offered and if she knew she'll moan that she was being left out.

grrrr having one of them day's I think.

xx
  • Options
    We all have those days hun, don't let them get to you, you and bubs are more important.
    xx
  • Options
    When I was pg with my last ds we announced it to my MIL, and her reaction was "and you want to keep it?"!

She announced at my hubby's sister's 40th birthday that she didn't want any grandchildren - and thinks that should've been enough to stop me wanting children!

Since my ds has been born she's only seen him 3/4 times. We bumped into her in Tesco a week before his birthday, and she asked "how's is it? Have you sent it to work yet?" IT????? Grrrrrr!! Noone calls my gorgeous boy IT and get's away with IT.

She was invited to his 1st birthday - but she never spoke to any of my friends, or to me, commented that she thought ds is overweight, and then spent the rest of the afternoon smoking outside the function room. Since then we've not seen her, and I really hope that the peace continues.

can't imagine how she'll react when we announce this pregnancy! (assuming all goes well, and we get to 12 weeks eh!)

Sorry for the rant - MIL's really annoy me.

If you want to look for prams hun, you enjoy it - I can't wait to start the shopping and browsing - it's a very exciting time, and you shouldn't let anyone put a damper on it

xxx
  • Options
    They take the biscuit don't they?!! I have promised myself faithfully that if I have a boy I will NEVER treat his girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/partner the way my MIL has treated me.

I would give examples but it is so hot and it will just angry up my blood!