Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anybody over 20 weeks? Im going mad.

Hi girls,

I haven't started many threads recently, mostly because i'm such a bundle of nerves that I have far to much to waffle about.

I am 19 weeks this week and I have to say apart from a larger tum, i do not feel pregnant, and haven't done for a couple of weeks. Naturally i have been googling and understand that that is quite normal for this stage, but im so worried something has gone wrong. I have not yet felt anything at all, not a flicker, a pop, butterflies anything, and its not from trying, I have laid down quietly at different times of day and night and not felt a thing. Most of my friends say they didn't feel anything until after 20 weeks, are they just being kind?

Has anybody else felt like this before there 20 week scan? I just want to see my bean again and know everything is okay.

Thanks Girls

Gem x

Replies

• Options
    Gem try not to worry sugar plum, I didnt get any movement with my first until after 20wks, may have been around 24 wks. How long till you see your beany again?
  • Options
    Just stalking ;\)

I can't believe you are 19 weeks already! Although I am sure it feels like it is going sooo slowly for you...I promise you that after 24 weeks it just flies by!

I know a few people who have said they didn't feel any movement until around 23 or 24 weeks, especially with a first baby. It also depends how baby is lying and the position of your placenta.

When is your 20 week scan?

Lots of love, NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    Hiya Gem,

If it makes you feel better I only started to feel slight popping sensations at 27 weeks!!! It's our first pregnancy so I didn't know what to expect. I'm finally feeling more noticeable movements at 30 weeks and hubby felt slight movement yesterday for the first time!!!

I've also got an anterior placenta which cushions movement but baby's always had a good heart beat at scans and midwife appointments. I don't even look 7months pregnant (just a bit lardy!) At our 28 week scan baby's head was really low down in my groin and I'm hoping the fact I used to have good stomach muscles delayed a huge bump!!

Oh and I've had no sickness, tiredness or nausea. I just feel unfit!!

Enjoy your 20 week scan and the fact you're not suffering.... Yet!

Alison xxx
  • Options
    No advise because you are wwwwaaaayyy ahead of me lol! Just wanted to send you a hug. I am sure everything is fine, bub is probably just hiding xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, its hard to to obsess isn't it? alot

Im actually 19 weeks today and have my scan next Thursday..ekk!

I did feel some bubbles yesterday, there seemed to be quite a lot over about 10 minutes and then nothing. I Have no idea if that was bubba or just gas from my choc cornetto! I just hope they continue and get stronger.

I just cant wait for the scan, of course firstly i want to hear everything is okay, that is the most important thing and then if baby allows we will be finding out the sex. I keep thinking about it and it almost makes me cry. Up until now its been "baby" but i will know if im having a son or daughter and when you say it like that it seems very very real. I have brought a few little bits and pieces now but once i know everything is okay i think i will be hitting the shops in a big way!

Hope your all okay,

Gem x

• Options
    Ar its so exciting Gem, I couldnt wait to find out either. And I seriously went shopping after the 20 wks scan. We bought our pushchair the following wk end hehe
  • Options
    Hi honey!!! Im finally back online so came searching for you girls.
    Well... I think back to being 19 wks and I had a big panic then too. I remember it was a Sunday and I lost the plot after not feeling anything and just not feeling pregnant, or even looking it! Next thing I found myself on a bus and ended up at the hospital on the delivery ward (cos that was all that was open). As soon as I walked through the door I burst into tears out of fear and 3 midwives came rushing over to ask what was wrong but I couldnt get the words out and one asked "are you pregnant?" which made me start blubbering uncontrollably and saying "yes, and you cant even tell!!!" One took me into a room and put me up on a bed and checked for the heartbeat which was pumping away solidly. Would you believe it, that very night I felt the movement start. And the next week the scan revealed everything was ok too.

So DONT PANIC!! Before you know it you will feel the gremlin like sensations in your tum doing somersaults ;\)

i look forward to hearing about your scan xx
  • Options
    Hey hun, I cant believe ur 19 weeks already!!

I didnt feel anything until about 24 weeks and like u I was so nervous waiting for my 20 week scan!! I didnt have any pg symptoms and Im just starting 2 get a little bump now!!

Look 4ward 2 hearing about ur scan xx
  • Options
    Hey Gem, sorry missed this before. I think 19 weeks is still pretty early to feel movement compared to the average. I know it's hard not to worry about every little thing after all it's taken to get here though hon. The bubbles sound v encouraging - my little wrigglers movements started out that way. Especially as you mentioned the cornetto as the chocolate, sugar, cold etc probably got him/her moving (that's what I find happens after anything yummy!). Loads of luck for your scan xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, you are all brillient.

Sim, your story made me laugh out loud, at how crazy we get, then today i actually contemplated doing the smae thing! LTTTC has a lot to answer for!

I havent had any more bubbles or flickers and infact today i have being suffering alot of cramps. I was going to go to the GP but though they wouldnt likely do very much, and prob make me wait until scan anyway.

I have a few things on over the next couple of days so im hoping it takes my mind off things and then Thursday will give me the reasurance i need, although in the mean time TBD, i will of course me snacking on more cornettos, to give bubba a nudge!

Speak soon

Gem x

• Options
    Just wanted to say good luck for your scan :\)

Can't wait to find out the colour of your bump!!

Love NN and Olyvia xxx
  • Options
    Just reading through thread, sorry bit late it's taking me ages to catch up with everyone.

Anyway cant wait to hear all about your scan tomorrow, 20wks already!!! Were does the time go!! xxx
  • Options
    hi gem, i'm 20+3 today had my scan last week got to go again next thursday and have another one as she couldn't see all. i found out i was having another little boy, i am well outnumbered but so happy.
    i have felt movement early on with this one but this i my third, but am worried cos i haven't seen belly move and others on there first have, i have now decided it is silly comparing as no person is the same, so all will feel things and see things at different times, i have been told i have an anterior low lying placenta too so don't think that is helping. i don't look pregnant just fatter than normal. think there is always something to worry us, part of becoming a mommy i think lol.... good luck for scan be sure to post on dis as well as i know all the girls want to hear how you got on. xxxx
    janine 20+3
  • Options
    hope it all goes well today honey. I will pop on when I wake in the morning. Pink or Blue!?
  • Options
    Dying to know pink or blue too XX