Forum home Toddlers & older children Preschoolers
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I’m desperate - 3yr old no longer pooing in toilet

hi guys! Really hoping for some advice as I’m at my wits end and have even been reduced to tears!

my daughter turned 3 in January and she has been potty trained since she was 23 months old. She is Completely dry even at night and has been for ages. She is completely independent and even wakes at night to take herself to the toilet, clean up after herself and go back to sleep. 

So the last 5 days she will not pop in the toilet, but she will wee in the toilet so I know she’s not scared of the actual toilet. A few days ago we tried a warm bath and the pressure of holding on to her poo got the better of her and she pooed in the bath. I remained calm and didn’t tell her off and cleaned it up for her as she was distressed that she had done it. 

Last night she jumped off the sofa feeling the same urge to go and ran around the house screaming and trying not to poo. We kept asking her to go to the toilet, I took her hand and offered to come with her but it Then got too late and she pooped in her knickers. 10 mins later when I’d changed her into new clothes she then did it again. What worries me is she didn’t seem to care she had done it like she had with the bath. 

Can anyone help me with what I’m suppose to do? She is giving me signs now that she needs a poo but nothing I can say will make her go. We were meant to be going out but I’ve told her we can’t now if there is a risk she will poo In her pants. Or is that wrong and should I go and just let her poo herself? It seems too long for her to have been fully independent with this to be having some kind of regression!

Im going to note that 7 weeks ago we welcomed another baby to the family. I don’t think it’s relevant as this has only started 5 days ago. She loves him so much and is not showing any signs of being jealous. We are very careful to ensure she has one to one time with us too. 

Please someone help me! If there isn’t a quick fix That’s fine but I just don’t no the best way to play this

thanks in advance