Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Double Buggy help/advice please

I am due to have my 3rd baby in May and my 2nd daughter will be 2yrs 5mnths so thought it probably best to get a double buggy while we are out and about.

Has anyone got any experience with what is best out there at the mo?

I like the look of the simple Maclaren Twin or at the other extreme was looking at the Phil&Teds Sport.

Any suggestions?

xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    I think it depends what you want to use it for. I am expecting my second in June when my first will be 22 months so I have given this quite a lot of thought. Originally I was going to buy the maclaren and a buggy board for the buggaboo I have at the minute, then about 6 different people told me that lo wouldn't be big enough for the buggy board. The maclaren is no good on its own for me as I do quite alot of walking off road so I need something with better suspension and bigger wheels. I then looked at the Nipper 360 which came highly recomended by my sister (who works in a nursery shop) which seemed great untill I realised that It won't fit through the gates onto any of the footpaths round here. I then looked at the Jane powertwin but that is so long it is like trying to push a tank! At the minute the only thing that seems to tick all the boxes for me is the Phil and Ted but if you have any other suggestions I'd be really intrested.
  • Options
    I keep changing my mind, I wonder whether a single and a buggy board may be better instead as I say my 2nd eldest will be nearly 2 1/2. I do have access to a double if and when I really need them both strapped in. Decisions decisions!
  • Options
    Hi - I have a Phil & Teds E3 the model before the Sport - and love it. My youngest is 18 weeks and my middle daughter is 2 1/2 . I love the cocoon, she looks so snug in it and is so handy when you go out for a walk and they fall asleep. I looked at standard doubles but felt they would be a waste of money as Mia, hopefully will stop being a lazy moo and will walk everywhere then Violet can be moved into the main seat. Have a look on ebay for good value 2nd hand ones. When I had my 2nd, Mia, I bought a buggy board and found it so annoying esp going up and down kerbs, it got to the point where I made Lauren, my eldest, get off everytime!! Sorry if I've gone on - hope some of it helps!!
    Sam xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that Sam, thats really helpful cos my mind is all over the place at the ment trying to decide. Can the baby go in the back of the Phil & Ted from birth? Some websites say 6 months and others say from birth! I must admit I do love the look of the Phil & Ted and does seem very practical for both little ones. Thanks. Leila xx
  • Options
    my son was 2 yrs and 4 months when my lo was born. I'd bought a second hand mamas and papas double aria pushchair as i didn't think i'd need it for long. it's a side by side but as i don't drive i have to get the bus everywhere and on the first day i attempted to go out with the boys i was told i couldn't get on the bus because they weren't insured to let me on the back doors and the buggy wouldn't fit down the aisle so couldn't get on the front either! luckily there was another bus right behind and i thought i'd try my luck and they did let me on! I also managed to get home ok but the experience really put me off, i didn't want to have to fold it everytime i had an arsey driver, having to carry my newborn and control my toddler! So i didn't use it again! I sold the buggy on and bought a buggy board to go on the maclaren techno xt i already had and i never looked back! must say though, if i could have afforded it i would have got the phil n teds
  • Options
    Yeah I must admit I've just shown hubby the price these last few days but his draw is no longer on the floor! I told him it could be worse there are a lot more expensive ones out there hehe. He loves the look of the Phil & Ted and our 2nd is very lively so would be nice to have her strapped down when around and about town.
  • Options
    I have the phil and teds e3 and cant recommend it highly enough, my daugter was 2 1/2 when isaac was born and for me it was definitely the best choice. I also like the fact that when she is a playgroup i can use it a single pushchair.
  • Options
    Hi Leila - the baby can go in the back from birth as it lies completely flat, esp. when in the cocoon. Violet, my lo, is getting rather long for the cocoon now but it was definitely worth the money. They can go in the seat underneath from 6 months - the heavier child always goes on top.

I was lucky as I bought the old E3 model from Kiddicare, www.kiddicare.com, and got it rather cheap, but have a look on ebay as people sell them with all accessories for a reasonable price. The wheels also come off quite easily aswell and does fold quite flat - my oh likes pushing this as it 'looks manly'!!!
    Sam xx
  • Options
    I agree. I have the phil & teds sport I cant recommend it enough. Amy was 26 months when Zara was born & I absolutely love it

Hilary x
  • Options
    Fantastic that is one pushchair well and truly sold to me then hehe. I have found a shop in Bedford called TwoLeftFeet whch sells them cheaper than Mothercare etc. Just a hunt for a car seat now, fancy one with Isofix base so easier to get in and out of car while messing around with my daughter at the same time. Best get hitting the shops and try a few out. 5 months to go yet but want to get decided on everything with plenty of time to go and can then send hubby out shopping. How exciting. Leila xx
  • Options
    Leila - I would try kiddicare aswell, they have a retail shop, bigger than mothercare, in peterborough aswell as the website, its well worth a visit, they do everything you could possibly want for baby plus more!!. Good idea to plan ahead as the time goes nowhere!! Happy shopping!!
    Sam xx
  • Options
    Leila, I haven't managed to check this out yet but little sis told me that the Phil and Teds has just been updated and the new version can be used as a travel system with the maxi-cosi cabriofix (which can also be used with a base in the car). We have this seat from last time round and I absolutely can't fault it so I would say its definately worth checking if it can be used with the Phil and Ted. It's really good to hear that so many people are pleased with the Phil and Ted's as I think I might have finally made my mind up!
  • Options
    thanks for this, you've made my mind up re buggy board - I won't bother for a bit as Daisy is 18 months and new one due any day, so think she'll be too young to use it! Looks like Phil n Teds is good, anyone got the Graco Stadium duo? I'd looked at this, or like the Cossatto twin, but probably due to the cosy toes with sis and bro on, rather than practical reasons!
  • Options
    Hello, I had a Graco duo and let's just say stick with the phil and teds. I have a Phil and teds sport and I love it it's an incredible pushchair and I can't recommend it enough. Don't waste your money on the Graco, really. good luck image