Forum home General Chat Products & best buys
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

[b]wondering which nappies 2 buy??[/b]

A lot of people have told me they found that tescos own brand nappies (not the tesco value) are better 2 use than pampers & huggies because they are more absorbant. i found it quite shocking really since pampers & huggies r now like the main brands that people use. i supose its what each mum finds better to suit her baby but i will definatley be trying the tesco ones to see if it is true. over the last couple of weeks iv stacked up on nappies as my baby will be due in 8 weeks & when he is born i will use huggies one week, pampers the next & tescos own brand the next week so i can find which ones are better for me 2 use in the future.

Replies

• Options
    I have used mainly reuseables but when my daughter was 1 I had to use a more absorbant disposable nappy for overnight & we have always used the tesco nappies & they have never leaked once. They are also alot cheaper

Good Luck
    Hilary
    x
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev329pfs__.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamsvi20051010_-8_AMY+IS.png

• Options
    hi, i have always found for newborns huggies the best then the pampers active fit (purple packs) when they get a bit older and then once they hit around 2 yrs i go on to the tesco ones.
    michelle xx
  • Options
    i used pampers with my little girl and i agree the active fit ones r the best from pampers better then baby dry, when my daughter was 2 i put het in morrisons own make and they are the best nappies iv tryed,i neva used huggies as my sister did with her first and didnt recomend she said they leak alot,iv also used tescos own brand (not the tesco value)when iv visited my mum and they were also good.
  • Options
    i use all three!
    it depends on personal choice. pampers aren't as stretchy, imo, as huggies, but neither is as absorbant as tescos. Tried george nappies and the gel came out everywhere withi minutes - v. annoying :evil:

one thing i also find annoying is the sizing - 9 to 20 lb..... there is a massive difference between these two sizes! how can one nappy cover that range? thats where you have to look aound. We're on size 3 at the moment, and in huggies its 9-20lb, pampers its 9-15lb, tescos its 9 (or 11 ???) -20lb so you have to try and juggle them around! image
    tescos are amazingly cheap, especially if you're part of the baby and toddler club, we've managed to amass around 2000 points so far this quarter, as well as saved around ??50 on nappies alone.

xxx