Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

please help

my wee boy is now 8 weeks old. he used to be very content, happy to be awake and he slept from approx 9-6. in the last week he has becme very unhappy.we switched him on to hungry baby milk to try and fill him up- he was taking 8oz every 4 hours but wanting more. he couldn't hold all that liquid though so was really sick. he was also screaming as soon as he finished feeding indicating he was still hungry. he literally had cried all day for about 4 days, only stopping to eat. he fallls asleep on me, but wakes if i put him down, and screams if he is put down awake! he used to go down for 3 or 4 hours in his cot in the afternoon. we had two very happy days when he first got the new milk, but now has started waking almost every hour through the night! in the end i have had to feed him but then it takes an hour to get him back to sleep. i've tried crystals, infacol and now gripe water for colic in case it was that. he brings up his wind much better with gripe water but is now crying more than he ever usd to.

i dont know whats wrong or what to try but i cant spend all day hugging him and pacing. sometimes his pram works, but other times he screams for the whole walk!

anyone else been through this? any advice very welcome!!

jellybaby xxxx:\?

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear,

That's no good for you.

My little boy was a nightmare from the word go (bless him). I breast feed him (and was quite neurotic about doing so)!

He fed about every 2 hours, more or less, night and day. He wanted to be held alot (which wasn't such a problem for me but I was scarded I was making things worse).

Unfortunately, we just ahd to 'see it through' he will be 2 in August and only started sleeping through in the last month!!!

I hope you have more joy than we had but I'm definately feeling for you, at least with bottle feeding you might be able to get someone else to take him for an hour or 2 to give you a break...

Take care and good luck....
  • Options
    Have you spoken to your health visitor/doctor just to get a check up on him. Or tried him on a different milk? Another thing which can help is baby massage this may calm him down when he is having a crying fit. Also dont know how you feel about using a dummy maybe that he wants the comfort of sucking.
  • Options
    hi yes i agree a dummy is sounding a very probable solution my daughter just wanted to feed all day long and wouldnt let me put her down. belive me they will give it all they've got for another cuddle or a feed you have to be a bit tougher, if hes fed, burped, dry, not too hot or cold & not feverish its more than likely he is trying it on he knows your pick him up for a snuggle. controlled crying works very well!!! anyway we finally gave into a dummy and it was heaven we could actually have our dinner together again instead of me having to feed half way through. midwifes actually recommend them these days to help prevent agains SIDs. you can buy special orthopedic ones to help prevent teeth/tounge being effected. i would def give it a try you've nothing to lose!!
    Good luck!!!