Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my oh and i are gonna really fall out

if he carrys on the way he is. sorry i really need to get this off my chest before i explode. dont get me wrong my oh is a great, hands on dad and a wonderful partner BUT for the past two months he has been driving me up the wall with his nit picking. it ranges from "oh you should of done it like this "or "well i wouldnt of done it like that" to "why havent you put the dishes away "(hello i cooked diner and washed up and got our son to bed while you were reading our daughter a story and is he unable to put the dishes away himself). and the list goes on. i have now got to the point where i feel that we are no longer a team when it comes to our children cos if anything goes wrong (ie one of the children start to play up) that it is my fault coz i should of dont it this way. i have talked to him and broken down in tears telling him how i feel but it just feels like it is falling on deaf ears. now i find that i just walk away feeling like the wrost parent/ partner alive when he starts nit picking coz i just dont know what to do. :\?

Replies

• Options
    oh shug you you are having it hard at the moment! me and my boyfriend have been together 7 years and have 2 kids plus a bump! with our first child he was very hands on but with our second he was a waste time and for a while we argued over what was right with the children! and found the kids were walking all over us, so after a while a went in with my guns blazing and made him realise that we have to work together , now he would dare tell me how to do things as hes waited on hand and foot anyway,