Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

scared feelings have gone

we have 2 children 3 year old and 16 week old baby, im really scared that i dont feel the same way about him as i used to, we just seem to make each other miserable, we have no sex life, which is my fault (ive lost sex drive after baby was born), and sometimes when he speaks to me i just want him to go away cos i cant be bothered, i cant imagine things without him but my feelings def dont feel as strong, sometimes i would rather be on my own, but im so confused i dont know if that is really how i feel, i dont want us staying together if we are going to be like this for the rest of our lifes, its not fair on us or the kids. its getting me down and i hate feeling like this. :\?

Replies

• Options
    Do you think you could have PND? How long have these feelings been around? If you cant imagine life without him, I'd say that was a good start... you must still have some subconcious feelings, and a new baby and the changes they bring can often cause tensions, especially if PND is there too. Do you have any other symptoms at all, ie insomnia or sleeping lots but not feeling refreshed? Appetite probs? Feeling guilty for no reason? Wanted a lot of time alone? I'm sure its wortha chat with your HV or GP chucky, and try not to feel bad - if its worth saving then its worth sorting x
  • Options
    hi, thanks for reply, ive suffered depression in the past and this doesnt feel the same, unless pnd feels different, im the sort of person who doesnt like being around a lot of people anyway, start to panic and get nervous, am getting quite a lot of sleep but do still feel tired, dont know what to make rash decisions incase these feelings pass, hv due out next week so will have a chat to her. thanks again.xxx
  • Options
    Theres nothing to stop you from seeing your GP before then Chucky. I certainly wouldnt rule PND out, even if it does feel different to normal depression. Depression has many depths; anxiety is one of them, PND is another. I hope you feel better soon, and get it sorted at least. Once the ball is rolling you'll feel strong enough to make the necessary decisions x
  • Options
    Could well be PND hun, I've had it in the past and it felt very like what you described - I just wanted dh to go away and leave me alone but wasn't even happy then, I had no energy at all despite sleeping well and just wasn't 'bothered' like you said. Go and see your doc rather than wait and remember that it's all down to wonky hormones which can be sorted out. Take care x x x
  • Options
    Can you get a babysitter? i felt like that (and if im honest still do at times) about my dh. im b/feeding so couldnt go out for long but we left lo's with my mum for two hours and we just walked to the pub. i felt loads more for him after being on our own, and that nite we had sex. i dont want sex at all because my body repulsis me at the mo, and cant see how it doesnt him but im working at it.

also it mite be worth having your iron levels checked, i feel better after taking iron suplements. good luck xx
  • Options
    I completely agree with doublebubble I had exactly the same feelings towards hubby after both births and all feelings do come back after spending a little time together. When we got married I was pregnant with first so we didnt have a honeymoon and so excited as next weekend we are going away together for the first time without the girls!! I was worried as I thought I would still feel like this towardshim whilst being away but he has taken me out a couple of times lately and it has helped. Double bubble is right as after my first they diagnosed me with pnd as I think it is an easy diagnosis for them sometimes but I am aneamic since my first and low iron levels are linked with feeling down, no energy etc and they always help me. Hope this helps and things pick up xxx