Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Have a baby with my ex?

Hi there..
I have a delightful 2 year old and I would love to give him a brother or sister.. But I'm on my own and pushing 40.. I would love to wait and meet Mr Right, but I'm running out of time.. My ex has offered to 'help out'.. At least the child would be a full blood sibling, but is it right and would I cope?! I'd love to hear what other folk think of this, or if anyone else is in a similar situation...:\?

Replies

• Options
    i think if ur ex is ok with it and willing to be a dad and support u and baby then why not? and as for coping i think all us mums just manage somehow. mine are 15,10 and 9m, i thought big age gaps wld be good but boy was i not prepared for a teenage daughter! lol. hope u make right decision 4 u babe. xx
  • Options
    Hmmm.... interesting. I think this sounds very honourable of him but does he want anything in return I wonder? Do you think he wants you back? Or maybe he'd simply like to have another child and thinks this may be one of his last chances too.

I can definitely see the attraction in having full blood siblings rather than an unknown sperm donor. And I guess you'd have his support as a friend through the pg which you might really appreciate. Is he very involved in your son's life? He certainly wouldn't have 'favourites' in the future if they were both his.

I guess you've got to decide if he's a safe, reliable and good person. I'd be quite tempted if I was you, but then only you know what he's like!

Best of luck,

Jo x
  • Options
    Thanks for the supportive comments, I really appreciate it. image
    My ex sees quite a lot of our son, I don't restrict his access; though I get no financial assistance. He gets all the rights but none of the responsibility! There is a lot of resentment on my part to be honest, but I disguise it for the sake of a peaceful existence.. PLUS of course, the possibility of another child.
    I feel like I am making the choice between being a single Mum of 2, or hoping for The Dream.. A family with Mr Right - if he exists! In the meantime the dreadful biological beats it's drum ever loudly..