Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

want abortion

I'm single with a one year old son and 4 months ago i got pregnant again its unwanted. i cried so much just not wanting it. i want to go to doctors to get abortion but my ex will be so mad. as we still live together. i will have ease and be much happier without a 2nd please help am i ok to doit?

Replies

• Options
    hi, i am so sorry you feel like this. only you can decide what is right for you to do in your situation. would you be able to adopt the baby? take care. xxx
  • Options
    Yea i can adopt, i've about it online and i'm going to doctors on monday to ask about if they can do itfor me,
  • Options
    i hope it all works out for you hun. take care. xxx
  • Options
    you really need to decide what you are going to do soon sweetheart, as the law will not be in your favour for much longer.

good luck with whatever you go with
  • Options
    hi
    i think ultimatly it is a decision that needs to be made by yourself AND the babies father, im a little confused as reading from your previous posts were you not trying for this baby? are you sure your not just feeling a little down during your pregnancy? as you seemed quite excited about scans etc just a few days ago.
    good luck
    charlie x
  • Options
    i agree moony, although i might be a little bias because i dont agree with them altogether to be honest except for in certain circumstances. It might seem like you wont cope now but i would think long and hard about giving up your child. im expecting my 2nd now (im only 4 wks) and im 21, my son is 9mths. Im scared aswell although i know thats natural, me and my sons father are still together so i know its a bit different but im sure you will lots of support from the poepl who love you even if the father wont be there.
    charlie x
  • Options
    just to clarify i wasn't saying its "wrong" to have abortion i was saying i personally dont agree with it, thats my right. I also IMO dont think its fair that a mother can take away the life of a baby without the fathers feeling being taken into account as everyone is always badgering on about "he has to take care of his child he made it aswell blah blah blah" but doesn't seem to get a mention when the mother doesn't want the child. Its not too late for an abortion but as the OP was posting just a few days ago quite excited about the next scan im not so sure its 100% what she wants (to have abortion)
    charlie x
  • Options
    I hope that you are alright. Reading your post makes me worry greatly for you. You must be going through a terrible time in your current situation. Do you have friends or family you could lean on or talk to. At the end of the day only you can make any decision but such big decisions shouldn't have to be made alone. We ladies while miles apart are hear to listen if you want to chat.

take care

xx
  • Options
    Hi , i've had a talk about it with the father and my mother and sister and realised i can deal with it. my mother went threw thesame and was split with my father and she coped fine and the worry is about not having any freedom or time to find someone else but i'm only 20 and i look 14 to some people. and theres only a few years away when they going to school. I was just a bit depressed but i'll be fine, two kids a bro or sis for my little one. and my son can be there to help! lol hes great with nephew. always putting bottles in his mouth to try n feed him. so cute! and i want to have thejoy of seeing them play together.
  • Options
    Hi hun just wanted to say Im so happy you have decided to keep your baby. I think it was very brave of you to come on here and write this post. I wish you all the luck in the world and you will cope fantastically with two little ones. It will be hard at times but very rewarding. Nothing can match watching my girls all playing together, best feeling ever! Im so glad I had mine close together even tho some days they do drive me mad! x x x
  • Options
    Hello

Didnt want to r&r. Sarah&GirlieBump3 is right, you are vey brave to post this and I hope you feel happier within yourself, it does sound like you are, It sounds to me like your fears are completely normal, challenging times ahead! but as you have mentioned - happy times ahead also. Charlie, Hedgie, Moony and QueenBee I agree with all of you - you're good people to have around in times of trouble!

This is not a debate about abortion, it does upset me when posts get heated. This is the 'support' forum, and hope you have recieved the support you deserve.

Take care and keep us all updated on your lo's progress.

God bless

Rachel
    xx

[Modified by: RachelandBabygirl on January 05, 2009 11:21 PM]

• Options
    Good on you, you are very brave and you can always come here and chat on the tough days. I am sure your little family will be very happy. Don't worry about having a man in your life you need to give yourself the things you want in life like love and respect and you will find things will come to you when the time is right.
  • Options
    that is good news and i am sure you will be fine. take care. xxx
  • Options
    It is wonderful to hear you sound so positive. It is so incredibly daunting to be completely responsible for other people, and especially when life throws us curve balls, but your children will grow up seeing and learning from their very strong mummy. It's not an easy path but I do hope it brings you a lot of joy.

Take care and please remember we are all here if you need to chat

xx
  • Options
    Hi Hun,

I think having an abortion is your choice, but there is definately nothing wrong with it if you feel that now would not be the right time to bring a child into this world & perhaps you would be unable to cope with another pregnancy.

Speaking from experience, I had a late abortion at 23 weeks when I was 18. And although I don't regret it now, I do regret leaving it so late. I had to be induced & the forced labour was quite traumatic even at that stage. I bled for a few weeks afterwards, how to go back in for a D&C and my milk even came in afterwards which was extremely painful. I was depressed for about a year afterwards due to all this.

So if you do decide to go ahead with it, get some advice from a professional & perhaps speak to a counsellor in your area or something. I feel that whilst your ex's feelings should be taken into account, its your body & ultimately your decision - so don't let anyone ttell you otherwise.

Either way its going to be hard for you, I know for a fact that its never just black & white.

Hold in there xx
  • Options
    thnk u all 4 ur support i am feelin much better n happy to go ahead with the pregnancy. thanks. : );\)
  • Options
    So pleased you have decided too! You will manage fine with them both. I have 12 months in between mine and it isnt hard work at all honey.

Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy and see you over on baby in a couple of months image