Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my boyfriend is just not happy! am so scared!

me and my boyfriend have been togeter 3 years! the baby wasent planned i was on the pill! any way i have always wanted a baby so getting rid just wasent an option to me! so we went through a hard time when we found out witch was a few days before chirstmas witch didnt help matters! we seemed to come through that and he did seem happyish when we went for a scan he was ok but every few weeks he just seems to have a down spell when he blames me for every think and says things like he dosent know if he even wants to be a dad and he hasent got the time and energy for it! this really worrys me as i am scared he will up and leave and i will be on my own!! i love him so much and would hate for that to happen!
it wasent the right time for this to happen as i was in collage and he has not long set up his own buisness but i just wouldnt of been able to kill it! am 14 +4 now and starting to show its so hard for me because he is my best friend as well and all i want to do is talk about it! am 21 and he is 25!
ruth xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Ruth,
    I was on the pill aswell when i got pregnant and neither one of us were ready to have a baby but like you a termination wasn't an option for me! Thankfully my OH understood and was fine with it we have both adjusted really well and were now both really happy and excited. wait until you have your 2nd scan and then when he's able to see it move and it actually looks like a proper baby he should come around.
    it's probably just the shock and there is so much change that he has to get used to it'll prob just take some time for him to come to terms with the fact that he's going to be a dad!!
    If it doesn't work out as much as it'll hurt to let him go you will cope fine on your own!! There are so many single mums and some of then are in there teens and own their own. But just let him get used to everything in his own time and everything should be fine!! but i think you both need to have a serious chat and with out argueing listen to each other and take into account how both of you feel!!

Hope this helps pet!!

Keep me posted. Jayne xxx;\)
  • Options
    thank u i'l keep ya posted! thats what most people are saying - just give him time just scared even with time he wont come round!! any way thanks again!
    ruth xx
  • Options
    Can i just say the pill is shit. I was in it aswell as both of you and im now 31 weeks pregnant! Im happy though image after i got over the initial shock! Ruth, i really hope you can sort things out, i hope your partner does come around, i think he will, it was the other way around in my relationship when i found out i was preg, my fiance was over the moon whereas i thought it was a disaster. When i went to my 12wk scan everything changed x x sophia x x try to keep happy for your baby x x x
  • Options
    thank u! i am keeping happy! my bump is showing more now so when people say any think about bump or i see babys i do smile to myself! lol! the babs is keeping my spirits up! ruth xx