Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please help!

I really need some help and advice as I don't know what to do. Basically I have this issue when my lo goes to other either the mother in laws or even my mums house for the day or overnight! I am just totally inconsoleable when he goes, even though I know they will look after him! For some reason I feel as though I'm never going to see him again, even though I know it's ridiculous I can't help feeling it. I get it into my head that they're taking my baby away from me! I think it stems from when he was born and was taken straight to special care for two days and they put me in a room with women got there lo with them! Sorry to babble on, but I really need some help and advice!

xx

Replies

• Options
    I was like that with my baby and i had the most beautiful homebirth with no complications. I wouldn't let my husband even have him alone for the 1st few weeks and my baby is now a 2 year old and has never been with anyone other than my husband for longer than a few hours. I think it's perfectly natural. You didn't mention how old your baby is but he was inside you for nine months, breathing and living you. The separation needs to be gradual and at your own pace and you shouldn't feel pressurised by grandparents who want to spend time with your baby or husbands that want you to themselves for a bit. My baby and i have a very close relationship and his confidence with other people does not seem to have been affected by my clinginess at all. Only you can know what feels right and go with that feeling and your baby will feel right too.
  • Options
    do you have to let your baby sleep at their houses, my lo is now 6months plus and i would never dream of leaving him with someone else. i'm not questioning your parenting just wondering if it's just they are asking for your lo and you are feeling obliged to let them, if so i would just suggest you let them know how you are feeling and tell them that when you feel more ready you will quite happily let him sleepover its just youre not quite ready yet. if they dont understand it really is tough, it is yours and your babies feelings that count and with any luck your oh will be supportive of your feelings knowing how you react. good luck and take care of yourself, be strong and speak up, i know its hard but far better than suffering in silence