Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im a bad mom 2 be

I dont have many people around me to support me, my oh (who is brilliant) is at work all day and i dont have a very good relationship with my mom, so i find myself bored all day every day with noone to talk to and worst of it is cos im bored im smoking, not many but thats totally not the point. I want to and need to stop, if other people are around me the thought never crosses my mind to have one. Why am i so selfish? I feel so bad when i do have one. I want to stop but feel i cant ask for help as noone knows i do smoke. Help

Replies

• Options
    i smoked all through my first pregnancy and the more i thought about what i was doing to my baby the more i got stressed and wanted one, then i fell pregnant a second time i stopped and started several times but finally stopped at 28 weeks. if you speak to your doc or midwife they can put you in touch with your local smoke stop, we have oone at the maternity hospital so you dont feel judged there. it worth getting help not just for a nicotine substitute but it helps to get support and understand your addiction. all the best. sian