Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

unexpectedly single mum

hi
i wondered if there was anyone out there who is in, or has been in a similar situation to me. i am 18 weeks pregnant and my long term partner has ended our relationship. ive never been a mum before let alone a single mum and its all a bit daunting!

Im very happy to be a mum but very sad my relationship has ended because of it.
anybody with similar experience to share?

Replies

• Options
    i was pregnant with my 4th child when me and my husband split up when i was 22 i am now 38 with 4 great kids you will be ok im not saying you wont have hard times you will but you will also have great times be strong you will be a great mum love anita x
  • Options
    my bf walked out on me again recently and looks like its 4 good this time, i have had to do it on my own before 1st babys dad walked out when i was preggers that was 15 years ago, u will cope babe its hard work at times but u soon get used 2 it, im sure u will b a fantastic mummy and u can always get advice and support here. best of luck babe. xx
  • Options
    thanks guys its really good to know that im not the only person its happened to!
  • Options
    hey just wanted 2 say ur not alone. millions of single mums out there. try and enjoy ur pregnancy and focus on keep well and tryin 2 be happy love me x
  • Options
    DEAR stripycat,
    My name is ness, I was with my partner at the age of 16 years old he was my first real b/f and 18 months later i was pregnant. When i was 8months i found him kissing my flat mat in my house and left him we have been on again and off again since then but mainly i have raised my daughter on my own it is hard but alot of fun. I think i coped quiet well and she is 11 now and heading to high school next year. you have your ups and downs But what everyou do dont let your parents try and over rule you in making dissions for your child you have to make them. Take all the advise you are given and then its up to you what you choose to do im here if you need any help or anything like that. I have just lost my second baby to a missed mc and i was also going to bring it up on my own as the father wanted nothing to do with it. But i knew that i could cause i have my family and friends support and i had raised 1 on my own and knew in myself i could do it again. JUST remeber you can also have a life as well as asingle mum.
    If you want to get incontact with me this is my email address misstowney@hotmail.com and in subject box put from baby expert and i will read it. good luck hun:lol::lol:;\);\)