Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should i tell interviewer i'm pregnant?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I found out last week that i'm pregnant and i've just found out today that i have an interview for a job i really want. (The job is 20hrs a week admin for a great company) Anyway, the interview is next Tuesday which would make me 6 weeks but should i tell them? I know legally i am under no obligation but i think i may feel really guilty if i don't mention it. Anyone else been in similar situation?

Thanks

Emily x

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,

I wouldn't tell them as it has nothing to do with whether they should give you the job or not. I used to work in HR before I had my lo and I can honestly say I would rather someone didn't tell me they were pregnant so I know that I have made a decision whether they are suitable or not purely on their qualifications etc.

Don't feel guilty about it, it isn't something they need to know yet as it is only early days.

Good luck, I hope you get it! x
  • Options
    Thanks LizB, I won't mention it at interview then. Didn't really want to so i guess i just needed some reassurance that it was ok. And as you say, it's early days yet...

Thanks again xxx