Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling Fat, upset and just generally miserable....

Hi.

My name is Annalisa and i am 26. I have a 7 month old baby girl who i love more than anyone or anthing in the world.

While i was pregnant my partner did not come near me (sexually) since having my daughter we have done it bout 3 times, i feel like he does not find me attractive. All he goes on about is my belly and that i need to lose weight, i feel sooo upset. I find it hard to diet cause we never have healthy food in i just seem to pig out on biscuits!!! I have also had problems lately with friends and feeling like i cant be bothered doing anything.
I get frustrated at my partner calling me fat, i juts watched Gok Wan and now i find myself looking at diets online etc.

I dont really know why am writing on here suppose am looking for people to maybe give me advice or if you feel the same least i can talk to someone who knows how i feel,

Thanks for taking your time in reading hope you reply soon xx

Replies

• Options
    Firstly I would tell your partner to fuck off. it takes approx 15 months for your body to go back to it's pre-pregancy state. Think about it, it takes 9 months to grow that baby,the weight isn't going to come off straight away & 7 months is not nearly long enough to get rid of baby belly. Apart form that, why should you rush to lose it? it is hard enough to cope with a new baby & all the changes that it comes with so losing weight should be the last thing on your list to worry about.

Just remind him next time he starts that he didn't carry that baby around for 9 months so shut his trap.

personally I would be seriously looking at what he offers you in terms of your relationship, support, childcare etc, cause tbh if my husband spoke to me like that he would be out the door. But thats me, I am zero tolerance for this kind of disrespect (and my husbandn knows it too image) but you really need to forget his issues & concentrate on enoying your daughter.

Sorry i dont' have much else to offer in advice but I get really annoyed where i hear of these stupid men making such comments to the mother of their new child. Who the f does he think he is. Don't get upset, get angry & tell him to shut it or help you out by takign more care of you by cooking healthy meals & doing famioly excersie like all going out for walks with lo.
  • Options
    forgot to add, judging from your avatar you are not fat either, you look great & don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • Options
    Hi im Gemma im 22 and have a 2 1/2 year old and im 20 weeks pregnant and i want to DONT feel like tht. No1 shud be made to feel like tht spech by their partners if u ask me i think ur better off with out him coz wat i have seen from ur pic ur beautiful and so wat if u still got a bit of baby weight he shud think u look fantastic no matter wat. I still Havent lost my baby weight from my 1st and no im having another 1. Or u cud try just talking to him and telling him how u feel and how much its hurts when says thing like tht. And if u do want to lost weight why dnt u try just counting calories and fat, thts wat i used to do i would have 1,500 calories a day and 50g of fat it also means u can eat ne thing as long as its in tht range so it dnt feel like a diet it really did work for me.
    Hope i have helped
    Gemma xxx