Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling on a bit of a downer

Hi I have 3 gorgeous boys who I wouldn't change for the world, and I know that I am very lucky to have healthy children when there are others out there that aren't so lucky.

Four years ago in between child 1 and 2, I had two miscarriages, which I convinced myself were girls and that I could never carry girls. I thought I'd dealt with them quite well at the time.

Two days ago my sil had a little girl and my other sil has a girl who is coming up to 1, and I feel so miserable, all the old feelings about the m/c have come flooding back, and though I should be feeling really pleased for my sil that she's had a healthy baby, all I feel is anger and jealousy that why couldn't it be me.

OH has deen done so no chance of anymore with him, plus if ever did have an accident, the odds are that it probably would be another boy,

Why is it that if you have all the same sex, people always ask how you feel about someone having the other sex, and you feel that you have to lie and pretend that you feel ok about it, when really you dont.

All my mil could go on about yesterday was her new granddaugher, and whilst she has to right to be happy and say what she wants, part of me thinks thanks for rubbing it in that i haven't or cant have a girl.

It probably hasn't helped that I've been on this week so hormones are all over the place too.

I've been really horrible to OH as well.

Is there anyone out there who has been in a similar situation?

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear your feeling down I already have a girl and have found out we are having another girl which Im really chuffed about but I have to admit I felt a little disapointed at first cause I know oh would have loved to have a son and everyone we have told have all said oh another girl are you disapointed and ive have said no cause it bugs me that they say it to you and you cant changed the situation and my father in law wants a grandson so he was disapointed try not to feel to bad you have brought three lovely boys into this world and one day they might give you a granddaughter to spoil rotten
  • Options
    Hi Nessy
    my mum had a miscarriage at 8 weeks and then went on to have me. 16 months later she gave birth to my sister but then went on to miscarry at 12 and then at 16 weeks. Each time she miscarried, my granny would say " you can't carry boys! You'll never have a boy!"
    Like you she thought she could only carry one sex successfully. However on 28 March 1988 she gave birth to my brother and was in total shock for the next 6 months. She felt like he was'nt hers because she believed she couldn't have a boy.
    I have 2 sons born 34 and 32 weeks plus I am now 11 weeks pregnant. i think that this one is prob another boy.
  • Options
    i know how you feel today my hormones are everywhere and ive had enough. i have a lovely 7 year old boy but i hate the phrase what are you having a boy or a girl well lets hope you are having a lively little girl. my little boy has had enough of everyone asking him what he would like. his responce to them is what comes out comes out.
    at the moment i am not worried what the sex is as long as the baby is healthy and everything goes well that is my main concern and as my little boy says what comes out comes out
    you all look after yourselves
    angelaimage
  • Options
    Hi ladies
    Thanks for your replies
    Feeling a bit better today, confessed to my oh and my mum how I was feeling, also first m/c would have been due at the beg of sept, so I had that going on in my head to. I think we are planning on seeing my new niece at the weekend, and by then will hopefully be feeling better, hormones will have died down a bit too.
    It's so nice to be able to rant on this website and get other people's perspective on things.
    Many thanks